Joshua Robert Recruitment are excited to be working with a leading independent international property consultancy based in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors.
Our client is an independent consultancy with a partnership culture that puts their clients first. They provide market-leading advice and transaction support to investors, corporates, and homeowners for their personal and business property needs. Our client is looking for an experienced Senior / Associate level Planner to join their Residential Development department within the business in the West Midlands. The role:
The Senior / Associate Planner will work within their Residential Development, Planning and Project Management team working on the on-going delivery of client projects in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
Duties can include, but not limited to:
- Providing planning advice and consultancy services to colleagues and private sector clients.
- Working largely autonomously to manage a range of medium and large scale planning projects to a high standard. This will involve day-to-day responsibility for planning applications, site promotions and planning appeals.
- Preparing planning applications and planning appeals of varying scales
- Writing reports, interpreting data, and making recommendations
- Contributing to the preparation / editing of Design and Access statements and other supporting planning documents
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers, employees of consultant organisations, and third parties.
- Ensuring compliance with local planning regulations
- Contributing significantly to the profitability of the Residential Development, Planning and Project Management Team
- Demonstrating Business Generation through effective client management, networking events and deploying planning expertise to identify short and long term development opportunities
- Supporting wider business development activities to help achieve business targets and objectives.
- Carrying out business development activities including drafting proposals, tenders and regularly meeting with potential and existing clients.
- Identifying, undertaking, and working on thought leadership initiatives.
- You must have excellent technical knowledge and experience of Town & Country Planning regulations in both planning policy and development management with a residential focus.
- Be capable of setting out coherent planning strategies and fee proposals.
- Be able to manage internal and external project teams on behalf of clients.
- Have an excellent understanding of development viability
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be regarded highly by more junior colleagues, and able to support Graduate Planners, Planners, including mentoring, where appropriate.
You will receive a competitive salary, car allowance and a generous bonus, along with the chance to work with one of the UK's leading independent property consultancies. There is a realistic prospect for progression along with many other company benefits.For more information, contact James Wilson:
0121 582 0877