Responsibility and accountability for overseeing the day to day delivery of all Property Service activities within a patch, Provide the entire maintenance service including the direct delivery of repairs through a team of multi-skilled trades persons. Be accountable for business delivery and performance management of the patch Drive optimisation of the front line to make it easy, get it done first time and communicate with our customer.
1. Own the day to day delivery on the patch (on the patch 80% time)
2. Responsible for management, coaching & development of upto 8 trades, including performance management
3. Takes ownership for their role in Sovereign and takes responsibility to get results
4. Responsible for circa 1000-1500 homes
5. Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance repairs are effectively managed, compliant and undertaken in accordance with Sovereign’s policies and guidance.
6. Responsible for ensuring performance targets are achieved, demonstrating drive and energy
7. Responsible for the delivery of stock condition and other related surveys
8. Engage & connect easily with people across Sovereign, including housing and development colleagues & our customers
9. Ensure resources are optimised in order to deliver to our customers. Work with peers to manage resources efficiently between response, majors voids and planned
10.Responsibility for stock condition, fire safety actions and other customer/property surveys as required, and deliver any actions following surveys
11.Manage the quality of works undertaken across the region, by ensuring audits on completed works (especially contractor works) are carried out and performance is managed in accordance with property services targets.
12.Identify areas of poor performance and implement actions to remedy. This includes contractor delivery as well as the in-house team. Sovereign Housing Association Limited is charitable
13.Accountable for ensuring that all complaints are managed within the appropriate timescales and the outcomes are used to improve delivery.
14.Assist with the development of the annual maintenance plan with the Asset Management Team and the Property Managers
15.Ensure the delivery of the annual maintenance plan is met and to budget. Manage the larger projects to ensure delivery in accordance with financial regulations.
16.Ensure all works are in compliance with all prevailing construction regulations. This includes but is not limited to the following standards: Building Regulations, Gas Safe, NICEIC, FENSA, MCS and all other main construction regulations.
17.Drive and endorse initiatives to promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the workplace. Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with CDM Regulations where applicable.
18.Identify any perceived risks and ensure that timely and appropriate action is taken to eradicate or mitigate such risks.
19. Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of technical, statutory, regulatory and legislative requirements, standards and best practice in relation to delivery of maintenance Services.
20.Responsible for arranging any insurance jobs and ensure logged and work with the insurance team to complete all works., liaising with contractors and reviewing the specification/contract
21.Responsible for ensuring that all aids and adaptations requests for residents are reviewed and delivered if agreed. Evaluate permissions for wider requests to change the property and provide advice where necessary.
22.Ensure that all the system administration is kept up to date. Develop solutions to problems working with the wider team.
23.To actively promote Sovereign’s Equality and Diversity policy in all aspects and continually promote Equal Opportunities and Customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
24.Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
25.Participate in out of hours duty manager roster to assist with any property related emergencies and deal with any critical incidents
26.Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
27.Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign’s corporate objectives.
28.Observe and comply with Sovereign’s policies and procedures and observe and continually promote equality and inclusion and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
29.Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role, to help the department, and Sovereign, achieve its goals.
30.Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
31.Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.