We are excited to be working for a prestigious real estate agency who pride themselves on supporting homeowners, landowners, and landlords across Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, and Greater London.
Our client offers total property, land and estate services to residential, commercial and rural clients. Due to growth, they are now looking for a Compensation Surveyor to work flexibly from one of their strategically placed offices in; Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire.The Role
The Compensation Surveyor's roles could include, but not limited to:
- Becoming a key member of the Compensation team, with direct client relationship.
- Advising Clients upon compulsory purchase and compensation procedures.
- Engaging in negotiations on behalf of clients ahead of compulsory acquisition, presenting options and solutions.
- Preparing and submitting reports and compensation claims.
- Adhering to all deadlines set for the completion of work.
- Maintaining accurate and orderly file records, including computer files.
- Responding quickly to client enquiries and requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality in respect of all work undertaken by the Department, and being aware of what is likely to be sensitive information and/or subject to GDPR rules.
- Understanding and be proficient in the use of all the office technology employed in undertaking valuations.
- Monitoring correspondence and enquiries on behalf of others as and when required when they are absent from the office referring to such matters as require urgent attention to someone of the authority and experience to deal with them.
- Developing and maintaining a sound knowledge of Compulsory Purchase legislation and practice.
- Developing and maintaining a sound knowledge of the agricultural, residential and commercial property markets.
- Taking a close interest in the property press and the national press with a view to building up a wide perspective of the property market and related activities.
- Attend events to promote the department and firm amongst clients and professional organisations.
You must be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS), and previous experience in compulsory purchase & compensation is essential. RICS Registered Valuer status is preferred.
- You will have strong attention to detail and interest in keeping up to date with relevant case law and legislative changes.
- You will be a good communicator with the ability to adapt style appropriately, build rapport and undertake negotiations.
- Excellent report writing, organisational and presentation skills and confident taking part in large meetings.
- Problem-solving attitude, ability to think outside the box, enthusiastic and a genuine thirst for knowledge.
In return, you'll work for a forward-thinking organisation, who will offer a highly competitive salary, plus many other company benefits, along with a clear route for progression.For more information, please contact James Wilson James.firstname.lastname@example.org 582 0877