This role will make a difference by managing Planning Enforcement, Building Control and Environmental Enforcement areas of the business, shaping the strategic direction of the service.
My client is a fantastic public sector organisation who value their staff as individuals, investing in their careers and are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of their training & development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Day-to-day management of three teams including Building Control, Planning Enforcement, and Environmental Enforcement
- Lead and develop the management team so that team members are capable, skilled and knowledgeable and a positive culture is fostered.
- Shaping the strategic direction of the service whilst ensuring high quality operational delivery, ensuring effective service delivery and the meeting of performance objectives.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have a degree or equivalent professional qualification, and Membership of an appropriate professional body such as Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Have a good understanding of legislation and national best practice in Building Control, Planning Enforcement or environmental enforcement regulatory areas
- Experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary staff team at a strategic level with responsibility for Building Control, Planning Enforcement, or environmental enforcement activities.
On offer to the successful candidate will be a salary starting at £47,778 pa., a generous pension scheme, This role attracts an additional £5144pa to the basic salary, qualifying for a market factor salary supplement.