You will be working for an independent commercial real estate management company, which has grown significantly over the last 5 years to become a South Coast Powerhouse, managing and servicing a huge market share of commercial/industrial property portfolios across Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire and Dorset.
Renowned for their employee focused ethos, commitment to excellence, and strong commercial strategy, work remained extremely stable during lockdown and demand has increased exponentionally since the second half of 2020 leading to further needs for building surveying staff.
Working between their Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth offices and servicing local portfolios, you will be focused on both delivery and development of existing revenues, through technical surveying and strong client management. Working with Private Occupiers/Landlords, PLCs and Public Sector bodies, exclusively across commercial properties, your may include any of the below:
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Dilapidations assessments
- Dilapidations negotiations and works management
- Planned maintenance surveys
- Defect diagnosis and building pathology
- Expert evidence on defective building works
- Schedules of condition
- Licenses for alterations
- Design, specify and manage building projects, including tendering and contractor appointment
In addition to your technical surveying work, there will be requirements to both advise and support junior team members, and developing new, and growing existing client relationships, providing professional advice and working intelligently to generate additional revenue streams for the business through the provision of additional services across different disciplines.
Starting with a salary of up to £55K per annum, and an additional car £4000.00 car allowance on top, if you're successful in securing this role you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy a further 5 days up to 30.
- A 5% employer matched pension
- Fuel mileage allowance at 45p per mile
- Professional subscription fees paid for
- An annual allowance of CPD courses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible benefits package including discounts, vouchers, subsidised health/dental cover and more.
Another rewarding aspect of this position will be working for the leading name in South Coast Commercial Property, in a business that takes a progressive view on working practices, listens to the views of the people that make up the business, and are constantly investing in employee satisfaction / wellbeing.
To be successful in securing this role you will need to meet certain criteria which will enable you to perform to expected standards. Essential requirements are as follows:
- You will need to be a chartered building surveyor and full member of the RICS
- You will have a minimum of two years post qualification experience, and be able to work independently
- You will have in depth, recent experience in commercial building surveying, specifically in relation to pre-acqusition surveys and Dilapidations
- You will need to hold a full, valid UK driver's license, and have access to a vehicle
- You will be articulate and extremely literate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You'll need tobe a confident client facing professional. Able to present to clients, advise them confidently, and manage expectations.
What to do now
If you believe you possess the necessary experience and skills for this position and would like to be considered for a role, you can either click "apply" and submit your CV for review. Alternatively you can email with your CV and a short message and a contact number, and we will arrange a confidential call to discuss further.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.