Building Surveyor & Compliance Manager - £40-45k - Permanent
Your new company
Our client specialises in Facilities, Asset and Project Management Consultancy services to both the public and private sector. They have a strong Facilities, Asset Management and Private Finance Initiative (PFI) background, and primarily provide advisory and delivery commissions around estate and asset compliance; benchmarking analysis; performance and savings initiatives; statutory compliance reviews; and capital projects. They are an ambitious business with healthy growth in the public sector PFI arena which is resulting in the need to expand their team to drive their Clients requirements.
Your new role
We are looking for a Building Surveyor and Estates Compliance Manager to help deliver the increasing demand for compliance and asset management audits across the public sector commissions. You will be responsible for assessing estates statutory compliance, reviewing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programmes, and implementation and lifecycle delivery against contractual obligations. Evaluating performance quality, value for money, and providing a technical review of projects. You will also be charged with working alongside performance management, operational and project delivery functions to implement monthly reporting, variations and energy deliverables associated with our commissions. As many of the commissions are on PFI projects, a background and understanding of the nuances around this form of contract would be advantageous, as would a working knowledge of project management. Your client base is predominantly in the Education and Healthcare sector so experience in these areas would also be useful.
What you'll need to succeed
- Interpreting, analysing, reporting and problem solving on complex contracts
- Support the review of monthly reports on behalf of clients through interrogation, interpretation and recommendation
- analysis of statutory compliance data in relation to the estates
- Undertake physical condition audits across the commissioned estates
- Provide reports, conclusions and recommendations for clients
- Review of works, both capital and revenue, from a technical estates perspective whilst protecting the public purse
- attendance at, and where required, leading and chairing contractual and operational meetings with a variety of stakeholders alongside clients, including technical contributions
- Review of Health and Safety management in delivery statutory requirements
- Technical appreciation of the impact of the built environment on fire safety and ability to carry out risk assessments
- Knowledge of PFI projects is beneficial
- Project management experience is beneficial
- Ability to act as a Principal Designer under CDM would be beneficial
- An understanding and ability to manipulate programming software (e.g. Microsoft Project, PrimaVera etc)
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Salary £40-45k.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Training and CPD support.
- Annual bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.