Our client is an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent, due to increasing business are looking for an experienced Senior/Associate Employer’s Agent to join an expanding EA team. On offer is an opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed-use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2-£100m+, within London and the surrounding home-counties, working with a prestigious suite clients.
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossments
- Have a thorough understanding of the upcoming Building Safety Bill
Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
- Although you shall have an ability to undertake the above functions autonomously, the candidate shall recognise when additional or senior input is required.
- University degree in Project Management, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with PM/Building surveying background
- RICS qualified
- Experience in residential development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients, and the wider team in a professional manner
- Able to work within a team
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities
- A desire to coach/manage junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.