Senior Cost Consultant/ PQS/ Consultancy/ Glasgow/ Vacancy
Your new company
Hays are currently working with a leading global multidisciplinary construction consultancy to assist them in recruiting a Senior Cost Consultant in Glasgow. This forward thinking and diverse consultancy have an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to join their business and work on a very high profile multi million pound project with a leading investment bank.
Your new role
The Senior Cost Manager will work as part of a team to manage client accounts. The successful candidate must be able to work independently but also as part of a team for a variety of construction projects. The Senior Cost Manager must demonstrate the ability to optimise projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
In this role you will: ·
- Support the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims with transparency
- Foster top performance and growth for your employees via excellent mentorship and leadership.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Create estimates and cost plans for key client developments
- Support nimble project management and clear decisions through excellent cost documentation and timely communication.
- Actively participate in the tender process--from initial tender documentation through analysis and reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience in pre- and post-contract cost management on varied projects
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a degree or comparable experience in a project management or construction discipline
- Are chartered or are on the path to complete it. We can help
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing
- Have experience as a cost manager, ideally from a consultancy background
What you'll get in return
Our client is looking to pay up to £90,000 + benefits for the right candidate. This is a salary that we do not see regularly in the Glasgow market at a senior level. You will also have a flexible working agreement and will be able to work from home for a minimum of two days per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.