Due to our continued growth, we have opportunities for Building Surveyors at all levels across our four offices: London (City), Essex (Braintree), Birmingham, Cambridge.
You will be working on a wide range of projects and professional services in the education, residential and commercial sectors.
Barker provide excellent opportunities for progression and career development and a variety of work to suit high calibre individuals.
The roles will suit project-orientated Building Surveyors wishing to join a thriving firm.
- Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent with 2-3 years post graduate experience.
- MRICS Chartered Building Surveyors preferred but not essential (full APC support given).
- Experience of design, specification and contract administration using JCT contracts.
- Client-focused with excellent communication skills.
- Education experience an advantage.
Life at Barker: Building Futures Together
We’re an integrated, multidisciplinary property consultancy agency, offering dynamic and agile services from concept to build and beyond.
At Barker, our people are at the heart of our business. We bring together wide-ranging experience, a diverse range of professional skills and the utmost commitment to every project we undertake.
One size does not fit all. We really get to know our people so we can understand what makes them tick. We provide exciting opportunities, involving interesting and meaningful work, in an environment that matches your ambitions.
- Work with an interesting mix of clients, sectors and project types
- Feel empowered to grow and make a difference
- Have your say in the way the business is run
- Enjoy an exciting and dynamic working environment
Barker will ensure you have a clear understanding of what is expected of you and will give you the opportunity to have your say on how things are done. You will work in a diverse and inclusive environment working across a wide variety of sectors. We believe in work-life balance, therefore we adapt to working arrangements to suit different lifestyles.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Structured performance management and career planning
- Innovative use of systems and technology
- Health & wellbeing
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements
With success comes reward. We offer exceptional training and development, a fun social scene, events, activities, generous holiday entitlement and, of course, a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive salaries and company bonus scheme
- Employee benefits scheme
- Sporting, social and professional events throughout the year
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company pension
- Private health insurance
- Death in service benefits
Grow with us
Whatever the stage of your career, Barker will offer you opportunities to develop and grow. With continuous professional development, formal and on-the-job training, you can build your capabilities and enjoy a rewarding career delivering a first-class service.
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Support through academic qualifications
- Support through professional qualifications
- Work with a great team of like-minded people
This is what life is like at Barker. If you think it could be for you, get in touch. We’re excited to get to know you!
Please submit your CV with covering email, in the first instance, to Yvonne Ritter email@example.com or
Click "Apply Now"
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
All roles are subject to a DBS Enhanced check.