Senior Building Surveyor/ Consultancy/ Glasgow/ Edinburgh
Your new company
Hays are currently working with one of Scotland's largest multidiscipline firms of Chartered Surveyors with 30 offices throughout Scotland and a wide range of blue chip private and public sector clients.The success of their Building Surveying Division now presents an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and suitably qualified Senior Surveyor to work closely with our Directors to build on that success throughout West/Central Scotland.
Your new role
- Advising clients about building/property issues, which can include technical, financial, legal, environmental/sustainability, building regulation and restoration matters.
- Deliver projects from inception to completion to meet the projects objectives.
- Dilapidations negotiating the repair works or a financial settlement if required.
- Managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes.
- Contract Administration.
- Dilapidation Assessment Reports on behalf of Landlord and Tenant.
- Schedules of Condition.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified to MRICS level
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience with a proven and successful track record of technical delivery
- Being able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with private/public/commercial sector clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £negotiable DOE
- Company pension contribution
- Fantastic exposure to high end clients
- Company bonus scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.