Valuer & Estates Surveyor
Salary £40,062 - £43,352 per annum/pro rata
Office Working Cirencester/Witney
Full time and part time options available
About the role…
We are currently looking to fill a Full time and a Part time, or possibly two larger Part time, Valuer & Estates Surveyor roles. You will be a trusted professional within the Assets team in providing valuations, guidance and recommendations as necessary for the proactive management of the Councils land and property portfolios and associated transactions.
Providing all valuation requirements including annual capital and insurance valuations, valuations for rental purposes including rent reviews, lease renewals and surrenders together with valuations for property option appraisals and development proposals. You will also be required to undertake a wide range of estate management work including lettings, reviews, renewals and inspections. You will also be required to undertake all valuations (including measurement) in accordance with RICS requirements.
As part of the role you will also be required to contribute to the shaping of property related policies and use and work in accordance with the Council’s policies, aims and objectives including the Council’s Land & Property Asset Management Plan.
If you feel this role is of interest then we would love to hear from you.
You will need…
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Experience of asset management work within a Local Authority portfolio is desirable
- Excellent report writing skills
- Use of a car for work purposes
- Proven track record of working in a public sector or similar environment
This is a replacement role covering West Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jasmine McWilliams on 01285 623255 or email Jasmine.McWilliams@publicagroup.uk or Amy Fuller on 01285 623246 or email Amy.Fuller@publicagroup.uk.
Closing date: Sunday 17th October 2021 @ Midnight
Interview date: w/c week of 25th October via video conference
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking 'Apply now'. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.