Job Title: Project Engineer/Manager – Hotel Group
Reports to: Senior Management and Ownership
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Job Purpose: Working as part of a hotel projects team to assist with construction projects – dealing with all structural/civil engineering issues. Assisting with planning and management of prospective projects. Preparation and overseeing of maintenance plans for the existing hotel portfolio.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dealing with structural and civil engineering issues for the existing hotel portfolio and new construction projects.
- Creating and reviewing preventative maintenance plans for the existing hotel portfolio.
- Work with Senior Management Team to fully understand and define the scope of work for prospective projects.
- Work with Senior Management Team to assist with the preparation of initial project budgets and schedules.
- Assisting with the sourcing and implementation of the design team on prospective projects based on the scope of work in conjunction with the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that the project design meets brand and owner requirements and approvals within the approved budget.
- Actively participate in the design and construction of all assigned projects.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly project status reports, schedules, variance to budget, potential cost overruns or scope and pro-actively communicate the findings and potential areas that may impact schedule and/or budget to Ownership and the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure all assigned projects meet required quality and brand standards.
- Ensure all project related documentation are prepared and provided accurately and in timely manner.
- Oversee assigned projects from start to finish and ensure project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist Senior Management Team in negotiating with construction companies, architects, and design firms.
- Manage outside project consultants (as necessary) and 3rd party contractors to meet project objectives and resolve issues.
- You will establish strong and lasting relationships with consultants, contractors, developers, trades, local boroughs/councils and other various partners in order to maximize efficiency in current as well as future projects.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with respective in-house teams throughout various project phases to ensure accuracy and efficiency at all levels.
- Communicate and enforce company safety standards and operating practices at all times.
- Ensure Ownership and Senior Management is updated at all times with regards to project development schedule and progress.
- Any other additional tasks as assigned by the Ownership and Senior Management.
PRE - REQUISITES FOR CANDIDATES
- Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of proven working experience in the construction industry
- Experience in project management across the full life - cycle, particularly in hospitality sector developments would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge on pre-contract & design issues associated with Hotel projects is advantageous
- A sound knowledge and understanding on UK Planning Requirements is advantageous
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Confident and effective communicator.
- A strong knowledge of the hospitality Industry with exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Proven Influencing Skills and negotiation skills.
- Client facing, articulate and well presented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to interpret figures and information.
- Strong Team Player
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately and multi-task. Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Honesty and discretion, for dealing with sensitive business information.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!