- Senior Building Surveyor
- £45,000 - £55,000 + Car allowance (£3,100) + 25 days + birthday + Pension + RICS fees + CPD + Progression
- Multi-disciplinary consultancy
- SE9, Greater London
Join this multi-disciplinary consultancy as a Senior Building Surveyor and take your next career steps within a well-established team environment. Joining the Education team you will also have the opportunity to work across other sectors, ensuring a broad experience. Genuine progression opportunities, a flexible work place and a 1st class salary make this both your next step and somewhere to stay.
Our client is a major multi-disciplinary consultancy working across the Housing, Care, Education, Health and Commercial sectors. They offer a collaborative interdisciplinary culture supported by a first rate technical and project management team. Working across both the public and private sector, their team consists of architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
They offer an excellent personal development program and genuine opportunities to progress your career. This particular role will allow for rapid progression and excellent exposure to the Director level.
In order to support their continued growth, they are now recruiting for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor for their offices in Greater London, SE9.
Person Specification: Senior Building Surveyor
- MRICS referable but MCIOB also considered
- Proven experience in education sector a bonus
- Experience leading interdisciplinary project teams
- Enthusiastic and client-facing
- A track record of managing programmes of work
Roles & Responsibilities: Senior Building Surveyor
Working under the Project Director you will take up a Project Team Leader role in which you will be running jobs and managing teams whilst also undertaking the associated specification writing, report writing etc.
You will be joining the Education team, which is involved in the delivery of projects and completion of surveys across Schools (both Local Authority and Academies), Colleges and Universities. Duties within the team also include developing alongside Clients' Estate Management Plans.
Whilst your role will have an 80% focus on the education sector you will also spend the remainder of your time working across the other teams to ensure a broad range of experience.
- Assist Programme Manager/Project Team Leader with Client liaison to include formulation of briefs, fee proposals, presentation of schemes, and/or services, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility for the following:
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Carry out measured surveys of existing buildings or sites.
- Produce full survey drawings.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare and present for approval complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Prepare Employer's Requirements for Design and Build purposes
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Prepare maintenance manuals.
- Undertake professional services to include Party Wall Matters, Rights to Light issues, schedule of condition, inspection of buildings to determine conditions and future maintenance liabilities, including preparing detailed reports.
- Delegate any of the above duties whilst retaining responsibility for their delivery.
Salary & Package: Senior Building Surveyor
Our client offers a competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000 pa dependant on your experience, along with the following package:
- Car/car allowance - £3,100
- Personal development program
- Internal and external CPD
- 25 days holiday + Birthday off
- Professional Subscriptions
Soft Benefits: Senior Building Surveyor
Alongside this generous package our client also offers a number of soft benefits to keep their staff happy and healthy!
- Office Fruit
- Your Birthday off
- Christmas Party
- Social events throughout the year
Apply: Senior Building Surveyor
To discuss your options in complete confidentiality, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Senior Building Surveyor – MRICS – Jobs from HD Surveyors