The Real Estate team are a group function that manages the bank/valuer interface and provides an internal consultancy resource for all to access. Our daily tasks cover a range of operational support, consultancy advice and quality assurance reviews all with the central aim of protecting the property security pillar for the bank. We are a team of 15, predominantly based in the Fareham office. The team comprises Chartered Surveyors, asset managers, portfolio assessors and a valuation instructions team that supports the Real Estate administrative and governance function. The team supports in excess of 2000 valuations a month instructed throughout our various panels.
OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB’s unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be providing valuation and property risk advice to the Bank to support new loan origination. You will also undertake quality assurance across specialist residential property markets, including large / complex HMO’s and multi-unit residential investment blocks. This is a field based and you will provide regional coverage of the Midlands, approximately a one and half hour radius from Birmingham
Your responsibilities will include…
- Provide a high standard, consistent real estate valuation consultancy service to the bank’s internal teams, having regard to agreed risk policy and within agreed service level standards. This will include undertaking property inspections as necessary.
- Prepare and present property and portfolio reports to Transactional Credit Committee (TCC) and assist TCC on specific cases when required.
- Periodically prepare and provide residential market updates for your region, to the Credit Risk team, to inform ongoing credit risk policy and strategy.
- Research and report on specified, large, new build developments within your region, to inform lending exposure and supporting credit risk decisions.
- Maintain a HMO transaction database to inform annual loan book indexation.
- Support the wider Real Estate and Valuation Quality Assurance programme in accordance with the Group Quality Assurance approved framework.
- Communicate and liaise when required with Underwriting, Sales, Operations and Senior Management regarding the suitability of property for loan security purposes.
- Communicate effectively with solicitors, intermediaries and other professionals.
- Update and document loan history on the company’s databases and systems, maximising the systems capability and using it both as a task prompt and as an audit trail.
- To keep abreast of current property market sentiment and to attend relevant CPD.
- Undertake research projects as and when required to inform bank policy on evolving property legislation, property risk or market matters.
In return for your commitment:
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between £45,000 - £53,000, a car allowance of £4,800 and a competitive benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme.
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience/knowledge and qualifications set out below:
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience as a property valuer or as a general practitioner (at MRICS or higher) is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing and signing off valuation reports for secured lending purposes on HMO’s and other specialist residential properties is essential.
- An existing detailed knowledge of the specialist residential market in your region and a specialist understanding of valuation methodology techniques and principles is essential.
- Understanding the impacts of core legal, economic and physical attributes on both commercial and residential property values and sustainability of demand is essential
- An understanding of planning and licensing requirements for HMO’s is essential
- Degree (or equivalent) educated / MRICS Qualified (an equivalent or higher) is essential.
- An RICS Registered Valuer is essential.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV!
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on email@example.com
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favorable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.