Status: Full time 37.5 hours per week.
Contract terms: Permanent
Location: Home based with extensive travel to HF Houses across Scotland, England and Wales
Reporting to: Head of Hotel Operations
Salary Banding: £60,000, plus you can expect great company benefits which include a discretionary 10% bonus, pension and medical benefits. A company car and working from home expenses are provided.
Description: Reporting to the Head of Hotel Operations the Estate Manager is responsible for developing and delivering a property strategy for HF Holidays, enabling us to fully exploit the opportunities and benefits of our £25 million, 17 hotel estate in line with our vision and strategy, and supporting HF Holidays vision as we recover from the COVID 19 pandemic.
The role’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the built asset, having a full understanding of the condition of our hotels and developing and delivering robust long-term plans for their upkeep.
- Undertake periodic inspections of all buildings to assess condition and plan repair and improvement work.
- Review the resources required to meet the needs of the business for the repair, maintenance and improvement works and determine the most cost-effective means of delivering this.
- Plan and manage capital projects varying in scale from guest bedroom upgrades to full hotel refurbishments and/or remodelling.
- Develop and propose the annual capital expenditure budget for board approval and to deliver the annual programme being mindful of guest disruption.
- Prepare plans, specifications and tender documents for all types of building, repair and maintenance works.
- Ensure regulatory and health and safety compliance of all buildings and associated infrastructure, ensuring robust record keeping and delivery of any resulting actions.
- Work in partnership with our operational managers in the management of hotel maintenance and gardens staff.
- Support our strategic aim to ‘drive sustainability’ and conduct an Energy Review, seeking opportunities to reduce consumption and increase green initiatives across the HF properties, to include identifying grant opportunities.
- Maintain suitable databases to support the management of property repairs and maintenance.
- To manage lease re-negotiations for rented properties and to manage the domestic leases for off-site staff accommodation.
- Provide professional senior management support to all direct reports ensuring all supervisory processes take place including one to one’s and that annual appraisals are conducted to a high standard.
HF Holidays operate from 17 Country House Hotels from Glencoe in the North to St Ives and the Isle of Wight in the south, the smallest hotel has 25 bedrooms and the largest 50. Most of the houses are in national parks with the majority owned and currently 3 leased. The hotels vary in condition, some are listed, and several are intended to be extensively refurbished over the next few years.
Candidate Essential Attributes:
- Significant experience of managing a property function at a senior level within a large and complex organization.
- Long standing experience of managing property that is geographically challenging in terms of own travel but also supply chain challenges.
- Hold membership of an appropriate professional body i.e. a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Successful budget management, monitoring and control.
- Successful capital programme management and project delivery.
- Evidence of continued professional, managerial, and personal development.
- Experience of successful contract procurement and management of suppliers and service providers both in terms of capital projects and day to day maintenance.
- Strong commercial business skills and acumen.
- A relationship builder, experience of building and maintaining relationships with building users, management teams and the supply chain.
- Knowledge of Town and Country planning legislation and process
- Experience of landlord and tenant matters and commercial lease negotiations.
- A willingness and understanding to be away from home, working flexibly and spending time at our hotels. Working independently and self-managing.
Candidate Desirable Attributes:
- A degree in a property related subject.
- Hotels/ hospitality experience/ knowledge.
- Practical knowledge of sales and acquisition of land and property.
- Experience of managing various procurement systems and processes.
- Knowledge of electronic systems for estate management and fault reporting.
- Competitive salary
- 10% discretionary bonus
- Company car
- Mobile phone
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Generous holiday allowance
- A work life balance
- Annual familiarisation visit at any of our country houses for you and your family (after three months service)
- Exclusive HF discounts on flights and UK and worldwide holidays for you, your friends and family
- Exclusive discounts at several high street outdoors equipment stores
- Paid time to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Charity events, summer socials and Christmas parties
- Unique opportunity to explore the great outdoors
Here at HF Holidays, we have over 100 years’ experience organising outdoor holidays. We specialise in offering a fantastic range of Walking and Leisure Activities holidays and every year over 60,000 guests choose to travel with us to over 70 destinations all over the world.
We currently employ a team of over 500, who work in our two main offices in Elstree and Penrith and across our 17 country houses around the UK, all in National Parks or Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
HF Holidays is a co-operative society owned by its 40,000 members worldwide. Our Mission is to provide shared holiday experiences, which inspire friendship, fun, and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. We aim to achieve our Mission by applying the following values Trusted, Collaborative, Exceptional Experiences, Ownership, Inspiring, Passionate and Fun.
Interested? – Apply now!
This is a great opportunity to join a multi-award winning, forward thinking and passionate organisation who train, develop and celebrate individual, team and organisational achievements.
Apply now with your CV to email@example.com or find out more by visiting our careers pages at https://www.hfholidays.co.uk/vacancies , either way we’d love to hear from you.
You can also call 01768 214530 for more information.