Development Monitoring Surveyor
My client is a leading multi-disciplinary construction consultancy and are currently looking for a Fund Monitoring Surveyor to join their growing team
What you will be doing:
You will typically be advising Clients as part of a full initial review of development proposals, reporting and advising on all aspects of the delivery of a real estate development (developer credentials, financing, budget appraisals, programme, design, statutory consents, third party legal agreements, site investigations and construction commercial set up) and identifying development risks, with advice feeding into the structuring of transactions.
This is then followed by monthly monitoring of the development, approving draw-downs from the agreed fund, progress and how the various risks and challenges in the development process are being managed.
- To perform Bank Loan monitoring control work for a range of Banks and Funders.
- A 50/50 split of site visits and office report writing.
- Independent working environment within a small dedicated team.
- Daily site visit as and when required
- Produce written reports on the viability of a development project (Initial report) and Budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
- Agreeing and authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks.
You will have experience in:
- budget estimating, budgetary control, pricing, QS experience
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations
- A firm understanding of costs associated with construction
- Good practical knowledge of the construction process on site
- Good working knowledge of JCT Building Contracts
- A strong understanding of development procurement
- The role requires a practical understanding of construction
- Strong communication skills, you will have the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be accurate and have an attention for detail.
- You will enjoy working with a level of autonomy and being part of a team environment.
- Full clean driving licence