Director, Real Estate Valuations (Europe and Asia)
- 40 Portman Square, London W1H 6DA, UK Full-time
- Function: Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
CPP Investments has a significant opportunity for an experienced real estate leader to join our Real Estate Valuations Group. The valuations of our investments are the basis for key decisions made to manage the CPP Fund, including asset allocation, risk management and financial reporting. This role of the Director, Real Estate Valuations, reports to the Managing Director for the team responsible for developing an independent view of fair value for the $45 billion global real estate portfolio. The position is based in our London office, and is importantly the first Valuations Group representation outside of Toronto.
The investments in Europe and Asia consist of a wide array of institutional quality assets located in the UK, Continental Europe, India and APAC., and represent more than half of the global real estate portfolio, The Director, Real Estate Valuations will be at the forefront of the efforts to develop and strengthen our valuation oversight in these rapidly growing regions, with involvement in key decisions that will define the direction and shape of our valuation practices and controls. They will be responsible for generating insights that will enhance valuation practices, and for managing interactions with other enterprise-wide internal partners and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned real estate leader with a deep understanding of valuation fundamentals, gained through extensive experience valuing in multiple of the relevant geographies. They will have solid market knowledge and industry connections, and will be well-practiced building and managing teams, including demonstrated change management skills earned through leading process changes and/or initiatives.
- Build and lead the Europe and Asia valuation team, providing guidance and mentorship
- Develop a deep knowledge of CPP Investments real estate portfolio and operations that enables you and your team to support the business as independent and objective partners while continuing the maturity of our risk, governance and control frameworks. Own and manage the quarterly valuations process, controls, deliverables and reporting for the relevant regional portfolios
- Manage external appraisals, services, processes and relationships, establishing best practices and guidelines
- Lead the integration of regional valuations with the global portfolio results, reporting, and analytics
- Report and substantiate valuation results to valuation, finance, and investment leadership, and internal and external auditors
- Manage valuation processes, practices and controls for the regions, collaboratively and in keeping with global portfolio processes
- Maintain market acumen, and foster relationships in global investment, brokerage, peer and appraisal communities
- Establish relationships and manage stakeholders across multiple CPP Investments’ global offices, partners, and functions
- Manage complex projects and initiatives, collaborating across groups, effectively managing multiple moving parts, project resources and integrating the needs of stakeholders for the greatest organizational impact
- Other duties and/or projects as required
- Relevant undergraduate or advanced degree – real estate, valuations, business studies
- MRICS professional accreditation
- Extensive senior-level commercial real estate experience with multiple asset classes, in the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia
- Proven expertise in commercial property valuation and` portfolio level reporting and analytics
- Deep understanding of local valuation standards and methodologies for multiple global locations
- Strong valuation modelling skills for complex institutional assets using Argus Enterprise, Excel
- Track record of building and leading high-performance teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills with significant leadership exposure
- Proven ability to drive business results
- Excellent analytical skills and business judgement
- Demonstrable experience managing complex projects and initiatives, collaborating across groups and effectively managing project resources and stakeholder needs
- Superior MS Office applications user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Who You Are:
- A proven leader
- Proactive mindset
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to contribute to functional improvement and design in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Have the capacity and experience to challenge stakeholders on valuations
- Work capably independently, and effectively lead a small team committed to group goals and initiatives
- Willing to be hands on with quarterly valuations and reporting work
- Trusted advisor who excels at building and nurturing relationships
- Able to balance multiple workstreams in a deadline-oriented environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; able to present findings clearly and concisely
- Enjoy being a part of a culture of excellence, are flexible and continually strive to innovate in a fast-paced setting
- Exemplify CPP Investments’ Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-LR1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.