This post will provide the client side project management of the organisation's construction projects from conception to completion across all the RIBA stages.
My client is a public body involved in research into science, energy and innovation-based business.
The main responsibilities of the successful Construction Project Manager are:
- Produce the project management documentation in line with industry (RIBA) standards
- Appoint and manage the design team including agreement of fees, cash flows, and responsibilities
- Manage the consultancy team to achieve cost, time and quality targets and to ensure that planning applications are submitted in line with project and stakeholder needs.
- Management of the programme, budget and cost reporting.
- Provision of advise and agreement of procurement strategy (including approvals processes)
- Support central procurement with the tender process and appointment of the contractor
- Monitor the performance of the contractor and work with procurement and finance to ensure that time, quality and cost objectives are being met
- Manage accurate reporting of design and construction costs and progress
The successful candidate will have:
Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline and a member of an appropriate professional body
Three or more years experience of managing the design and implementation of construction projects, preferably in the public sector.
On offer for the candidate is a competitive salary ranging from £49,396 to £63,855 (Dependant on Experience) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension.