Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Colchester, Croydon, Durham, Eastbourne, Exeter, Folkestone, Wembley, Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne , Norwich , Nottingham , Oxford , Plymouth , Preston , Sheffield , Southampton , St Austell , Stoke-on-Trent , Swansea , Wrexham
About the job
As an executive agency of Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), we are the size of a FTSE 300 business. We are a diverse organisation of 3,500 hardworking, talented people making up the public sector’s property valuation experts and advisers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
The Valuation Office Agency are recruiting Chartered Valuation Surveyors across the UK. If you enjoy working within a fast paced, stretching environment then this is an excellent opportunity to join our highly skilled and diverse organisation.
You will be supported by a team of exceptionally experienced and respected colleagues who will share their knowledge and promote your development. We will also value and learn from the experience that you can bring to this organisation.
We are eager to hear from a wide range of people including those of you who are:
- Experienced surveyors looking to develop your professional experience.
- Newly qualified or sitting the APC at Session 2 2021.
- At a point in your career where you need to work more flexibly or part-time to accommodate your home responsibilities or stage in life.
Please see our candidate pack for further details.
- Be able to use your professional expertise, legislation, case law, expertise and codes of practice to make informed decisions.
- Lead, motivate and inspire others to deliver results including sharing your professional knowledge to help others develop.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to deal with a wide range of customers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and judgement skills by interpreting a range of evidence to provide relevant advice, and reach sound conclusions.
- Have relevant experience of the commercial and economic environment.
It is essential that candidates have a full driving licence.
It is essential that candidates are:
MRICS/FRICS or IRRV (hons) qualified in the valuation or real estate pathways.
Due to qualify as MRICS in Session 2 2021.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Property Career Framework: Application of Knowledge and Expertise
- Government Property Career Framework: Professional Practice
We offer a range of flexible working options, a generous leave allowance that starts at 25 days and goes up to 30 days after 5 years’ service and a pension scheme. Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 4 weeks at full pay.
The most popular parts of our reward package include:
- Pay – in the few years, we have increased both the minimum and maximum pay points for everyone in the VOA and implemented a new pay scale specifically for qualified surveyors.
- Pension - we make contributions to our colleagues’ Alpha pension equal to at least 26% of their salary.
- Working hours and location flexibility – everyone in the VOA has some opportunity to work from home, and we support a full range of flexible working options including part time, part year, compressed hours and job shares.
- Family friendly policies – including four weeks of paid paternity leave
- Personal support – we offer extensive special leave to help balance your life and work commitments, a variety of non-financial rewards (including a Cycle to Work scheme of up to £4000) and we work with professional providers to provide occupational health and full mental and physical wellbeing services.
For further information and details on how to apply, click the 'Apply' button.