Role: Surveying Manager
Location: London & South East
Salary: Up to £70,000 + car or travel allowance + excellent benefits package
Sector: Fire Engineering Consultancy
Carriera is excited to partner with an independent Fire Engineering Consultancy who operate across the UK, the business is looking to hire a Surveying Manager to take a lead on their Fire Inspection division and manage a small team of Fire Inspectors. The role would be based out of their offices in Central London (our client offers a hybrid working environment where you can split your time between working from the office and home).
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading fire engineering consultancies who are at the forefront of the industry. Our client is heavily involved in a diverse portfolio of projects in the built environment across the UK, including - Commercial, Education, Industrial, Healthcare, Leisure, Public Sector, Residential, Retail Sport and Transportation.
This role would suit a senior building or surveying professional with a passion for fire safety who is looking to take the next step in their career and join a leading Fire Engineering consultancy. The ideal candidate would have a strong technical understanding of buildings and structures, fire safety/ building legislation, fire design, active and passive fire protection, cladding and fire strategies.
- Manage the outputs of the Fire Inspection team - quality, time and financial performance, whilst managing client relationships and expectations.
- Liaise with fire engineers, building consultants, architects and clients to ensure active and passive fire protection systems are in place.
- Full project cycle management of own projects and larger cross-team projects
- Provide fire safety inspection and consultancy related services to clients
- Manage a small team of Fire Inspectors across the business and ensure they are supported.
- Develop current and future client relationships.
- Degree in building surveying, structural engineering, construction management or a similar construction discipline.
- Membership to relevant building/ surveying associations - CABE, RICS, or CIOB (essential).
- Membership to relevant fire safety associations - IFE or IFSM (desirable).
- Excellent technical understanding of fire safety and the design of buildings/ structures.
- Full UK driving license and happy to travel for projects across the South East.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Competitive salary up to £70,000.
- Car/ travel allowance.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme (10% of salary).
- Double matched pension scheme.
- 28 days annual holiday + 8 days bank holidays.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Professional membership fees covered.
- Plus, many other great benefits.
If you are interested in the role or would like to discuss the position in more detail, please get in touch with Mike Davis on 07947 648 308.