Principal Building Control Surveyors
Date posted 12/10/2021
Application closing date 02/11/2021
Location West Offices
Salary Grade 10 Level 1- 4 ( £36,476- £41,830 per annum) Package
37 hours per week
Job category/type Building & Construction, Development & Regeneration
We are looking for two talented individuals to take the lead in moving the Building Control Team forward.
Both the city of York and the Building Control Team will be seeing a range of exciting changes over the next few years with new legislation raising the profile of Building Control and significant development proposals within the city.
These roles will give the successful candidates the opportunity to work on:
- York Central regeneration including projects at the National Railway Museum, up to 2500 homes and 112,000m2 of office, leisure and retail use.
- York Castle Gateway regeneration.
- significant University and Hospital developments.
- changes to meet the objectives of the Building Safety Bill.
- council led sustainable and environmentally conscious housing developments by nationally recognised award winning architects
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with recognized Building Control qualifications and experience who can:
- work independently and within a team to offer a customer focussed service.
- prioritise demands and manage their time effectively.
- communicate effectively with colleagues, construction professionals and the public.
- instruct and mentor junior colleagues.
Residents tell us that York is a great place to live and work with a dynamic world renowned historic centre and a wealth of cultural, retail and entertainment facilities.
We aim to attract, develop and retain the very best people to deliver our services and in return can offer you an attractive package including a generous pension scheme, authorised parking, continuing professional development opportunities, car lease scheme and a mix of working flexibly from our office, from home or on site. We take great pride in been a friendly, flexible and professional organisation.
Relocation expenses are available to the successful candidate to support re-locating to York.
If you relish the challenges of the future and would like to be part of shaping our city’s future we would welcome your application.
The Council is highly committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Andrew Maple, Building Control and Property Information Manager, Andrew.email@example.com or on Mobile: 07760 282366
Closing date: Tuesday 2 November 2021 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 8 November 2021