Building Surveyor – Eltham, London
- Up to £45,000 basic salary DOE
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexible working hours and location
- Professional fees paid
- Professional Development Scheme
- Mentoring and 1:1 Scheme
- Shopping Reward and discount scheme (discounted gym memberships)
- Assist Project Team Leader with Client liaison to include presentation of schemes, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction.
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Carry out measured surveys of existing buildings or sites.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare and present for approval complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Undertaking Contract Administration duties in accordance with Practice procedures and verification strategies.
- Preparing maintenance manuals.
- Undertake professional services to include Party Wall procedures, schedules of condition, inspection of buildings to determine condition and future maintenance liabilities, including preparing detailed reports.
- Delegating any of the above duties whilst retaining responsibility for achievement.
- BSc (Hons) or similar Building Surveying experience.
- Minimum 3-year post qualification experience.
- Associate membership of RICS or equivalent recognised qualification.
This is an exciting new opportunity to join a well-established firm, having grown from a small practice to a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
You’ll be joining a team of almost 200 professionals, who motivate and encourage one another to provide forward thinking ideas, resulting in positive and rewarding careers.