Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
Are you a motivated suitably experienced property professional, who enjoys working within a fast paced and diverse environment, with a passion to be stretched and challenged with a wide range of varied responsibilities?
If so, this is the job for you!
As an Assistant Head of Estates within the DIO Estates Division you are involved in exciting and interesting LMS programmes and portfolios. On this unique Estate; No two days will be the same.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the established DIO Land Management Services Team (LMS) and the Estate’s network of highly skilled Surveyors, Planners, Valuers and other property specialists, delivering specialist advice to a variety of customers.
As a Principal Surveyor, the successful candidate will bring experience and understanding of property development, surveying and planning to DIO. Taking ownership of project management; leading and ensuring business outputs for LMS projects are delivered and advising customers.
Supporting the Heads of LMS in the development and Leadership of the Projects Team, you will be responsible for delivering agreed projects programmes within these areas:
- Estates support to the Headquarters UK Defence Training Estate
- Estates lead for the DIO Army Customer Support Team (CST)
- Deputy lead for Estates support to UK Resilience Operations
- Other projects as required
Holding excellent communication skills to provide services, professional advice and “consultancy” to internal and external departments, customers and partners and will ensure that they adhere to all agreed processes and operating procedures.
Successful candidates will become members of the Government Property Profession, with benefits including: opportunities for Government and industry-led CPD events; access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing standard methodology; and a comprehensive career framework and learning and development curriculum which will support your career journey.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Andrew Moffat
Telephone: 07827 232609
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 7th November 2021