Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
Are you a motivated suitably experienced Development Surveyor, who enjoys working within a fast paced, diverse environment, with a passion to be stretched and challenged with a wide range of varied responsibilities?
If so, this is the job for you!
As a Senior Development Surveyor within the DIO Estates Division you will be involved with exciting and interesting estate rationalisation and disposal projects. On this unique Estate. No two days will be the same!
This is an excellent opportunity to join the established DIO Acquisitions and Disposals Team (A&D) and the Estate’s network of highly skilled Surveyors, delivering subject matter professional advice to a wide range of customers.
As an experienced property professional, the successful candidate will bring experience and understanding of commercial and residential development to DIO, taking on the responsibility for co-ordinating a diverse variety of disposal projects in the UK, focussing on maximising value from the sale of surplus assets.
The role will provide professional advice on a variety of property matters including development, valuation and town planning. Assisting in the delivery of MoD Estate rationalisation and receipt targets and you will undertake a variety of property and planning related tasks to enable the delivery of site disposals working with a wide range of internal and external departments, customers and partners.
The job holder will be responsible for developing clear disposal strategies including the preparation of technical and marketing reports to support the approval of business cases.
The role requires management of all disposal activities from inception to legal completion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who is an experienced team worker, coupled with the ability to be individually motivated. Holding excellent communication skills, you will work with customers, DIO customers and industry partners.
Successful candidates will become members of the Government Property Profession, with benefits including: opportunities for Government and industry-led CPD events; access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing knowledge and ideas; and a comprehensive career framework and learning and development curriculum to support your career journey.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Alastair Dobson
Telephone: 07802 658599
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 7th November 2021