Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
Are you a motivated and suitably experienced Valuer, who enjoys working closely within a team of fellow surveyors, sharing information, tactics and successes for the overall portfolio, with a passion to be appropriately stretched and challenged with a wide range of responsibilities?
If so, this is the job for you!
As a Senior Valuer within the DIO Estates Division you will be involved in a range of exciting and interesting portfolios on this unique Estate!
This is an excellent opportunity to join the established DIO Land Management Services Team (LMS) and the wider Estate’s network of highly skilled Valuers and Surveyors, delivering subject matter professional advice to customers.
The successful candidate will bring experience and understanding of Valuations and Surveying to DIO. You will take on responsibility for delivery of agreed LMS Valuation outputs and programme and QQR Overseas valuation outputs in support of wider DIO projects. You will be an excellent communicator and an experienced team member.
The Senior Valuer will deliver work programmes including rent review, bulk hiring, rental, capital and development valuations. The role is responsible for undertaking valuations, negotiations, research, evaluations and wider surveying work for the LMS Team and DIO Estates.
The role provides a consultancy service and advice to customers and is accountable for adherence to internal and external procedures, standards and regulations.
Successful candidates will become members of the Government Property Profession, with benefits including: opportunities for Government and industry-led CPD events; access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing knowledge and ideas; and a comprehensive career framework and learning and development curriculum to support your career journey.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: David Batchelor
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 7th November 2021