Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
Are you a motivated suitably experienced property professional, who enjoys working within a fast paced, diverse environment, with a passion to be stretched and challenged with a range of varied responsibilities? If so, this is the job for you!
We are seeking a residential property analyst and portfolio strategy advisor to join our Accommodation Optimisation team (AOT). As a senior property professional within the DIO Estates Division you will be involved in a wide range of exciting and interesting Accommodation programmes and portfolios. On this unique Estate,
no two days will be the same!
This is an excellent opportunity to join the established DIO AOT and the wider Estate’s network of highly skilled Surveyors and Valuers, delivering subject matter professional advice to a wide range of customers.
As a Senior Property Advisor you will bring experience and understanding of property planning and development to DIO, taking on the responsibility for the direction and delivery of accommodation optimisation projects, outputs and advice to all customers, including via DIO in-house staff and Industry Partners as required.
The role is classified as a Senior Property Advisor role and suitably experienced and qualified surveyors, town planners and other property professionals meeting the essential requirements may also apply and will be considered.
The Senior Property Advisor will support the Head and Assistant Head of AOT and will be responsible for delivery of agreed AOT outputs and programmes.
The role is responsible for accommodation strategy, planning, funding, development and delivery and will provide a “consultancy” service and advice to all customers and will be accountable for ensuring they/& their team adhere and confirm with all agreed processes, operating procedures and regulations.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who is an experienced team worker, coupled with the ability to be individually motivated. Holding excellent communication skills, you will work with customers, DIO departments and industry partners.
Successful candidates will become members of the Government Property Profession, with benefits including: opportunities for Government and industry-led CPD events; access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing knowledge and ideas; and a comprehensive career framework and learning and development curriculum to support your career journey.
We also have a YouTube Video for a unique insight into DIO: https://www.youtube.com/embed/I9tLu3UdiGY?rel=0
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexi-time scheme
- Alternative working practices such as working from home
- 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
- Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
Learning & Development
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Access to thousands of training courses through Civil Service Learning, some free or paid by DIO
- Ability to obtain industry recognised qualifications supported by DIO
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Richard Williams
Telephone: 07773 054120
For full role details, please click the apply button to redirect to Civil Service Jobs which is the Only Official Way to apply for the role.
Closing date: 7th November 2021