As part of the continued growth and expansion of our Commercial Property Management Dept we are looking to appoint 2 motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the company for the position of Senior Facilities Manager and Facilities Manager
The full Job Description is set out below, the principal points are as follows
Senior Facilities Manager
The role will be to work alongside the Partner leading the management dept and be responsible for taking the lead and delivery of all of the hard and soft services on the portfolio including specification and tendering of service contracts , budgeting and client reporting
The successful applicant will need to have good interpersonal skills and be able to lead on the areas specified and provide mentoring support to other members of Facilities Management Team
We are ideally looking for an applicant who has at least Level 4 IWFM qualification or relevant experience to this level, we will provide training support to achieve Level 5 IWFM
This role is to work as part of the Facilities Management team, undertaking site inspections, organising hard and soft services on a diverse range of properties
We are ideally looking for an applicant who has at least Level 2 IWFM qualification or relevant experience to this level,
The role will provide career development opportunities and the successful applicant will be looking to progress to Level 3 IWFM and beyond and the training will be funded by the Practice
Naylors Gavin Black (NGB) is a highly regarded firm of Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Property Specialists based in Newcastle upon Tyne. With decades of market experience, the NGB team has built a solid reputation for offering specialist advice, which is underpinned by a thorough understanding of the commercial property market. Working together the team provides a first-rate cohesive service across all sectors. Naylors is, above all, a people business – always putting client’s needs first
Ensure the key areas listed below are undertaken in an efficient and professional manner, in order to fully support and assist the Asset Property Management Team.
The following lists the Key duties for which you will be responsible. This list is not necessarily exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other relevant tasks from time to time to assist the department.
- Regular inspections of the portfolio, reporting any noticeable defects.
- Monitor and report on performance of contractors engaged on Facilities Services delivery
- Prepare specifications as required for various Facilities Services
- Check invoicing as necessary
- Assist with preparation of data for Service Charge Budget preparation
- Liaise closely with Helpdesk / Facilities Administrator to ensure all customer queries are dealt with in a quick and timely manner
- Working closely with the FM helpdesk assisting with tenant/client enquires. Receiving reactive repairs, via email and telephone, attend site where necessary and raise purchase orders when required.
- Assisting in the day to day property maintenance planning – including monitoring of health, safety and security processes, provision of hard and soft services, and as appropriate, liaison with building managers, co-tenants and sub tenants.
- Assisting in small project works, monitoring and sign off.
- Maintaining documentation/audits and assisting with remedial works.
- Regular reviewing and updating the compliance/contracts information onto relevant software.
- Maintaining good working relationships with local suppliers and supporting the Facilities Manager in the coordination of the contractor database including annual review.
- Assisting with utilities and taking of meter readings within the portfolio when required.
- Supplier contract monitoring, making sure contracts are being delivered to SLA’s; renegotiating existing contracts and locating new suppliers.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Ensure buildings meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Experience of project delivery
- Experience in managing a diverse portfolio of mutli let commercial property
- Experience of report writing and design
- Experience of building inspection
- Experience of budget costing
- Be professional and approachable
- Be methodical with an attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task
- Be a team player, but confident working on own initiative
- Communicating progress of works / projects to team
- Attend weekly team meeting and input with updates
Please contact Angus White Bsc MRICS Partner and Head of Management Dept email@example.com if you wish to apply for the role and a full Job Description will be provided