Senior Building Surveyor
Location: Crayford and Remote Working
Salary: £60,000 (Inc London Weighting)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 10 November 2021
Interview date: To be announced
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Sense Property, the Estates function of the national charity, Sense. We support over 3000 people with multi-sensory impairments and other complex communication disabilities. We have over 200 properties including day centres, residential accommodation, offices and charity shops; in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Under our new strategy, our ambitions include increasing our support tenfold and significantly expanding our programmes. This will involve acquiring and developing new properties, renovating existing ones and disposing of those we no longer need.
That’s where you come in, following a review of how we deliver our property services, we are now recruiting a Senior Building Surveyor who is ready to meet these challenges, someone who can use their initiative, develop new ideas, and is willing to fulfil their potential to the full.
You will be based from our office in Crayford 1 - 2 days per week, dependant on site visits etc. The role will include travel so a full UK driving licence is essential for the role.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake measured surveys and site inspections
- Act as Project Administrator
- Project Design and Specification writing
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Undertake Contract Administration
- Undertake site visits and attending/chairing site meetings, as required.
- Day to Day project management
- Preparing existing and proposed plans in CAD format
- Undertake professional matters, including, but not limited to, Party Wall matters, Acquisitions, Condition Surveys, Dilapidations etc,
- Management of Regional Building Surveyors
- Budget preparation
- Preparation of a planned maintenance programme
Essential skills and experience required:
- Must have a RICS Accredited Degree in Building Surveying and MRICS
- Relevant experience in a Building Surveying environment.
- Be self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels, orally and in writing
- Strong team working ethos
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensuring timely delivery of services to clients.
- Excellent computing skills, work in an organised, methodical manner, with a high level of accuracy, technical knowledge, and attention to detail.
- Strong Report writing skills.
- Be fully conversant with statutory processes with good understanding of UK Building Regulations and Planning processes.
- Due to the travel involved you are required to hold a full UK driving licence
If you would like an informal chat prior to applying please contact: John.Turner@sense.org.uk
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time. Hiring managers will be using your CV and supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to a DBS check; level dependant on the nature of the role.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others.
For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity