Following a restructure and a re-focus of priorities, my client is looking for an ambitious and proactive Senior Building Surveyor to join our newly created Corporate Property Assets team.
My client is a Local Authority based in a picturesque part of the East Midlands.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To lead on building surveying matters in estates management across the organisation's corporate and commercial property estate
- To take responsibility for undertaking stock condition surveys, including liaising with mechanical and electrical officers where applicable
- To lead on any reactive repairs and work in collaboration with the Senior Estates Surveyor in managing Landlord and Tenant relationships across the corporate estate; specifically advising on dilapidation claims and repair obligations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of building surveying services for commercial property
- Knowledge and experience of commercial property leases, both interpretation and negotiation. Specifically relating to repair obligations and dilapidations
- Some experience of managing others, ideally a small team
- The ability to successfully communicate complex building surveying issues at all levels
On offer for the successful candidate, a competitive salary, eligibility for the LGPS and a generous holiday allowance.