I’m currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant that will support a dynamic and growing team across a number of core sectors, seeking to make a positive impact in local communities. The role focuses on offering consulting services to the public sector in supporting it to take strategic decisions around the use of assets and funds, delivering housing and development schemes, developing business cases, establishing partnerships with the private sector and utilising appropriate structural solutions to do so by forming, and where appropriate procuring, wholly owned companies, funds and joint venture partnerships.
In particular these areas of expertise will be targeted at the local government, housing or regeneration sectors. As such, the work of the Senior Consultant will focus on helping their clients deliver their strategic objectives including generating or improving financial returns, delivering increased levels of housing or supporting regeneration and recovery initiatives by applying a unique blend of expertise across strategy, property, finance and the workings of the public sector.
The role will also focus on project delivery through advising clients on how to use their powers to act commercially, work collaboratively whilst finding a company or partner to best deliver their specific project. Supporting this, elements of option appraisal, viability, financial analysis and business case preparation will be intrinsic and everyday parts of the role.
Key areas of focus of the role include:
- Procurement of delivery partners – advisory and implementation
- Property / development appraisals and viability assessments
- Regeneration, estate renewal and development consultancy
- (HMT Green Book) Business case preparation and writing
- Business plan and delivery plan preparation and writing
- Knowledge of public sector finance and accounting
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Project and programme management
Education & Qualifications
You will have a college or university degree.
Qualification – in public sector finance, property or project management.
Membership of appropriate professional body.
You will have at least 3-8 years of consultancy / relevant experience.
Worked with local government clients or directly for local government or the public sector. Experience in commissioning work and / or bidding for and writing proposals for consultancy work. Project management of leading relevant projects for public and private sector clients.
You have +5 years of experience and a strong understanding of the associated requirements.
Worked with local government clients, or directly for the public sector, especially in any of the following;
• Procurement of delivery partners – advisory and implementation
• Property / development appraisals and viability assessments
• Regeneration, estate renewal and development consultancy
• (HMT Green Book) Business case preparation and writing
• Business plan and delivery plan preparation and writing
• Knowledge of public sector finance and accounting
• Stakeholder engagement and management
• Project and programme management
If you would like to be considered or this role then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.