Quantity Surveyor – Developer/ End User – 60,000 to £75,000 plus bonus and package
Our client is a premium hotel and leisure brand recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to oversee and manage all aspects of cost on a variety of refurbishment and fit out projects.
- To manage project procurement for services and works to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- To form long term, mutually beneficial and trust-based relationships with supply base.
- To interrogate cost plans produced by the external PQS
- To manage design and the design team
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend design team and specification meetings, comment on relevance and advise
- Compile specifications and update
- Reading drawings and interpreting the information
- Input on material submissions to local authorities for approval where necessary
- To create and administer tender documentation
- Analyse tenders and appoint contractors
- Monitor and report committed costs against pre-determined budgets
- Agree contract variations
- Develop supplier and stakeholder relationships
- To undertake periodic performance reviews of supplier activities to drive improved service delivery, value for money, reduced life cycle costs and to meet project objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management;
- Full membership in a Professional Chartered Quantity Surveying or Procurement Organisation, preferably RICS.
- At least 5 years’ experience