We are seeking a quantity surveyor/senior surveyor to join our modern, forward-thinking team based in Faversham, Kent. The position will support us in achieving our ambitious growth plans, play a key part in of the expansion of the business and have the opportunity to progress your own career.
Modus is an award-winning construction consultancy practice offering a comprehensive range of construction-related services including quantity surveying/cost consultancy, contract administration, project co-ordination and project monitoring services throughout the Southeast.
We have achieved steady growth over the last few years and have already secured a significant portion of next years workload. We have a diverse portfolio of projects and Clients with projects ranging from £500,000 to £20,000,000 in value.
In the last few years, we have been awarded ‘Best Construction Project’ at the 2019 KEiBA (Kent Excellence in Business) Awards, ‘Best Construction Business’ at the 2019 Canterbury Business Awards and most recently, been recognised as KEiBA ‘Employer of the Year 2021’, for the way we treat and support our employees.
It is our aim to be the region’s go-to construction consultancy, offering a hub for developing the future’s best consultants. Please visit www.modusltd.co.uk for further details.
- BSc/MSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years’ client-side technical delivery experience
- Worked on a wide range of diverse projects
- Comfortable managing their own projects in both pre and post contract duties
- Confident in a Client-facing role with experience in reporting to Clients
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Support and mentor junior members of staff
- Whilst the ideal candidate will be MRICS, this is not essential, we can assist you in achieving your Chartership
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Ambitious and goal-oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude
The role and responsibilities
- You will be engaged on a range of projects, working through all stages of the project lifecycle. With our diverse client-base, you will work within various industry sectors with diverse scales and complexities of projects
- You will be supported by the Modus team, supported by both the company Directors and assistant and trainee surveyors
- Proactively drive projects forward, collaborating with Clients and Design Teams
- Provide accurate cost advice and reporting through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Oversee and manage the tender process including the preparation of tender documentation, pre-tender estimates, tender analysis and compilation of contract documents
- Undertake quantification and measurement of construction works including SMM7 and NRM
- Undertake post-contract duties including preparing cost and progress reports, interim valuations, negotiation and agreement of the final account and prepare and negotiate claims for Extensions of Time
- Deal with contractual matters and advise as issues arise
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner; meet, negotiate and correspond with clients to form strong working relationships
- Contract administration duties including managing a team, chairing meetings and issuing minutes, issuing notices and instructions, reviewing programmes, monitoring progress and issuing monthly reports
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salary depending upon experience
- Mentoring to achieve MRICS (if required)
- 23 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid working (WFH) policy
- Regular team lunches and events
- Our office dog, Rufus!
- The chance to work for an exciting, growing practice