Your new company
Baily Garner was established in 1976 and has grown from a small practice into a multi-disciplinary consultancy of almost 200 professionals. We think big and are active participants in the construction industry, encouraging change and letting people know what we think.
Our team of almost 200 people, based out of offices in London and Birmingham, combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
We have traditionally been, and continue to be, strong in the housing sector - new build, refurbishment, mixed use and mixed tenure schemes and have steadily increased our presence in the education, care, health, blue light and commercial sectors. As a result we have a portfolio of projects ranging in value from £5,000 to in excess of £100 million, of which around two thirds each year is earned in repeat instructions from existing delighted clients.
Your new role
The job responsibilities described hereafter are a guide and all employees will be expected to undertake tasks as directed by Partners.
- Carry out measured surveys of existing buildings or sites.
- Produce full survey drawings.
- Produce outline design proposals.
- Produce full working drawings and/or details.
- Assist in the administration of specific projects.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility reports.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications and/or Employer's Requirements.
- Provide project related assistance to project team as directed.
- Input and manage information and records on BG NET.
- Assist in professional services, including Party Wall procedures and schedules of condition.
What you'll need to succeed
- Post Graduate with BSc (Hons) Building Surveying Degree or recognised equivalent qualification and breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Actively working towards and committed to obtaining full membership of the RICS.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs, in order to achieve a minimum of 20 hours per year continued professional development.
What you'll get in return
For the full benefits package, please click on the benefits tab. For this role you can expect a salary of up to £35k, 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.