Looking for the next place to make your mark...
We have an exciting and wide-ranging opportunity to be part of our Assets team providing valuation and estates advice for various projects. Including broadening our property portfolio and strategic investments, and reviewing and managing existing properties for asset management purposes to both benefit the local community whilst continuing to be a profitable venture.
About the role…
We have two permanent Valuer & Estates Surveyor roles, with the option of either full time or part time working. You will be a trusted professional within the Assets team in providing valuations, guidance and recommendations as necessary for the proactive management of the Councils land and property portfolios and associated transactions. Our diverse portfolio ranges from single site clients to multi-tenanted properties, listed buildings, development land to multiple commercial letting and industrial estates.
Providing all valuation requirements including annual capital and insurance valuations, valuations for rental purposes including rent reviews, lease renewals and surrenders together with valuations for property option appraisals and development proposals. You will also be required to undertake a wide range of estate management work including lettings, reviews, renewals and inspections.
As part of the role you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the shaping of property related policies and use, working in accordance with the Council’s policies, aims and objectives including the Council’s Land & Property Asset Management Plan.
Siting within a wider service area, the Assets team works alongside Council Priorities, Project Management and Climate Change. Publica is a council owned employment company which delivers shared services between Cotswold, West Oxfordshire, and Forest of Dean District Councils and Cheltenham Borough Council. The Assets team is responsible for property portfolios across three of these partner Councils, West Oxfordshire, Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean.
If you feel this role is of interest then we would love to hear from you.
You will need…
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Experience of asset management work within a Local Authority portfolio is desirable. We would also welcome candidates within the private sector who currently work in a Vauler and Estates Surveyor role.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Use of a car for work purposes
- Proven track record of working in a public sector or similar environment.
These are two replacement roles covering a split between West Oxfordshire, Forrest of Dean and the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jasmine McWilliams on 01285 623255 or email Jasmine.McWilliams@publicagroup.uk
Closing date: Friday 26th November 2021 @ Midday
Interview date: w/c 6th December 2021 via video conference
(Please delete below for internal advert only)
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319.
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.