Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together.
We are recruiting for a Property Management Surveyor to assist in the management of the Iceland property portfolio to ensure stores are capable of uninterrupted trade. This is a great opportunity for someone with previous experience in a similar role, or someone who is looking to learn and grow within the Property sector!
Purpose of the role:
The Property Management Surveyor will provide interface between the maintenance help desk and stores over any property related issues. Our Management Surveyor will also manage rental income, service charge and insurance budgets, providing yearly & half yearly forecasts with a view to maximising income and minimising expenditure.
- Controlling and auditing of Service Charge and Insurance budgets and minimising expenditure of the same and ensuring service charge and insurance income is received in full from tenants.
- Management of sublet portfolio (residential & commercial) including carrying out rent reviews & lease renewals and controlling tenant debt.
- Disposal of vacant space in portfolio.
- Liaison with Landlords over repair matters.
- Working with Project team relating to store refits and entering into Licence for Alterations (using external Solicitors) where applicable.
- Overseeing Dilapidations & Party Wall matters.
- Advice/liaison to internal and external customers regarding store property matters.
- Maintain the Property Management System for assigned responsibilities so that it is kept up to date and accurate.
- To provide accurate and timely advice to Retail Operations as and when required.
- Maintain good relationships with external bodies, Tenants, Landlords and Local Authorities.
- Keep up to date with technical/professional advances and legislative changes in order to provide high standards of advice to Iceland by reading professional journals, attending appropriate courses.
- Obtain year end service charge certificates and audit landlord / agent accounts where applicable.
- Financial acumen; detailed knowledge of managing budgets and accounting processes.
- Computer literacy; advanced knowledge of producing and working with spreadsheets and knowledge of databases.
- Knowledge of property law essential.
- Degree level qualification in a surveying/property related discipline preferred.
- MRICS or working towards the same.
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working (minimum 2 days in the office)
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.