Are you a Town Planner (Assistant up to Associate level) in the Leeds/Yorkshire area? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country?
- Partnership firm with over 200 employees nationally
- Award-winning and multi-disciplinary company
- Primarily working on sites in Leeds (including the city centre) and wider Yorkshire
- Ideally MRTPI (or en route to achieving this)
- Lots of sector variety; including universities, residential, commercial, mixed-use, renewables and strategic/regeneration
- Excellent range of benefits and progression, including permanent flexible working, private healthcare, car/car allowance, excellent bonus-scheme, private dental
Beach Baker have been enlisted to recruit a Town Planner on behalf of a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
You will be joining a large, modern, open-plan, multi-disciplinary office where planning is one of the key disciplines. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, landowners, property companies and government and public-sector organisations. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, commercial and strategic sites).
You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and ideally experience in preparing/submitting planning applications for both medium and large-schemes. Consultancy experience would be advantageous, but the firm can also consider applications from those in the public sector.
Responsibilities will differ according to your level, however will include:
- Promoting large scale developments (brownfield and greenfield) through the local plan process
- Undertaking research and site appraisals and assisting with both major applications and appeals
- Preparing and submitting small to medium scale planning applications
- Drafting representations to Local Plans
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. Remuneration includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- 5% Pension
- Life Assurance
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Competitive annual leave allowance + BH
- Eye tests
- Company laptop
- Holiday Buy or Sell of up to 5 days per annum
- Healthcare Assistance
- Health Cash Plans
- Cycle to Work
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Taste and Gourmet Cards
- Charitable Giving
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a well-established team. To discuss this opportunity, please contact Katrina Wheadon (email@example.com/07557 979 694).
We are aware that some people can be dissuaded from applying for a job if their skills don't match every requirement. If you are keen to confidentially discuss opportunities in Town Planning, please do click apply, as we have a multitude of roles that you could be a good fit for! Your CV will not be sent to any firm without your consent.