Highly regarded multi-disciplinary consultancy based in West London are recruiting for a time served consultancy professional for a secondment to a key local authority client. The role will require the successful candidate to manage a team of Project Managers responsible for delivering a highly sensitive programme involving 7 high rise blocks within the borough to ensure the safety of the residents.
You will ensure the delivery of and monitoring planned works and capital programmes. You will manage enforcement of tenancy terms and conditions and leasehold contractual obligations relating to building alterations, the preparation of Party Wall Awards, Landlord's licences and Right to Buy surveys.
- Responsible for the delegated Responsive and Capital budgets for Planned works
- Manage a team of 4 project managers to deliver planned works programmes and housing stock including carrying out site and post inspections of producing tender specifications, documents and approval notices
- You will chair site meetings and monitor contractors to ensure programmes of work are undertaken on time, within budget and achieving agreed KPI targets
- Undertake effective consultation on future and existing planned programmes
- Coordinate and integrate the input from Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Clerk of Works and other associated specialist disciplines on multi- disciplinary projects
- Ensure Project Managers produce consistently high-quality tender specifications
- Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
- Produce reports for Committees and internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the team and works contractors to meet statutory requirements and ensure works demonstrate compliance with safety requirements under current safety regulations.
- Manage team undertaking specialist surveys e.g. Right to Buy, Party Wall Notices, tenant and leaseholder improvement requests, Private Sector Landlord Licenses, mutual exchange condition surveys, enforcement of tenancy breaches and lease conditions in relation to building alterations.
- Manage duties in respect of CDM and ensure they are fully met in relation to applicable one-off projects and that partners are competent to carry out their responsibilities under CDM legislation.
- Assist with developing future planned programmes and the asset management strategy.
- Prepare information to deal with legal disputes (including arbitration) with contractors in association with senior managers and LBHF legal advisors.
- Prepare briefs for client's external consultants managing planned programmes of works to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Act as Contract Administrator for small Planned Programme Works contracts to ensure contractual and technical monitoring of contractor's performance.
- Plan, organise, manage and implement the delivery of effective Quality Assurance systems/ procedures/ processes to cover all functions managed by the team.
- Ensure accurate information is provided to Leasehold Services to enable statutory Section 20 consultation notices to be issued and all queries resolved and ensure accurate cost data is provided to Leasehold Services for annual service charge billing and all queries of final invoices investigated and responded to.
- Manage the business support provision to the team, including collating and maintaining data, records and information, raising orders, processing invoices, booking appointments, servicing meetings, dealing with correspondence and liaison with contractors.
- Represent the Directorate at Council, Committee, Forum and external meetings
- Maintain own up to date knowledge of legislation and best practice relating to the functionality of this post and ensure that it is translated into action.
- Contribute to the development of policy, practice, procedures and service planning for Asset Management and Property Services
You will be the consultancy's representative for the client and be responsible for managing the commercial aspect of the relationship. Upon successful completion of the commission, you will be considered for a partnership position within the consultancy with a mandate to lead in delivery of similar programme throughout the South East.