Hays Property and Surveying have been retained by Gleeds on an exclusive basis to support them with the recruitment of a number of key roles across the UK. As part of this, their Southampton office are looking to appoint several Senior Quantity Surveyors.
Gleeds are a global multi-disciplinary construction consultancy, who provide services to a breadth of clients across the Public and Private Sector. The business is looking to double in size over the next 3 years. They are looking for individuals to help contribute to this and share the success as they grow.
Gleeds Southampton is looking to expand it's headcount in a number of departments. This includes their Cost Management team, where they have several opportunities for Senior Quantity Surveyors who hold experience of working with clients in the Public or Not-for-Profit Sectors.
Your new role
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing a range of quantity surveying and construction cost management services on behalf of clients within the Public Sector. This will include all pre and post contract processes across a variety of commercial projects, ranging in value and size.
Specific responsibilities may include -
- Preparing and presenting feasibility options, estimates and cost plans
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process
- Analysing contractor bids, administering contracts and processing payments
- Undertake interim valuations, prepare progress reports and settle final accounts
- Attending client and project meetings
- Assist with the preparation for bids of services
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified
- Currently working as a professional quantity surveyor (PQS) / construction cost manager at a senior level
- Strong experience of working within a construction consultancy / quantity surveying practice
- Strong experience of pre and post contract construction processes
- Demonstrable track record of working with clients in the Public / Not-for-Profit sectors
- Proficient knowledge of contract forms such as JCT / NEC
- Numerate, personable and client facing.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.