Property Management vacancy, Immediate start, Nottingham,
Your new company
You will work for a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire. The role is full time, 37 hours per week and ongoing until at least March 2022. For the right candidate there will be the opportunity to go permanent.
Working as part of a team you will manage the Portfolio of Business Centres for the Local Authority by coordinating the delivery of suitable accommodation for the development of businesses and
provide property liaison to clients and contributing to the management of the Council's property portfolio to deliver the Corporate Asset Management Plan.
Your new role
1. To lead the Business Centre Investment and Development Strategy to develop business accommodation that meets the needs of SME businesses to develop and grow.
2. Canvass the views of local business support services, working closely with investment organisations to match business requirements to Council property, making recommendations for property acquisitions as appropriate.
3. To undertake estate management as required supporting delivery of the Corporate Asset Management Plan. This will include (but are not limited to) the following key actions:
4. Day to day property management and activity in respect of the Council's Business Centres, you will be required to work three days per week on site from the various Business Centres and one other day in a separate Council Building.
5. P&L responsibility for the portfolio of Council Business Centres, development of serviced office accommodation provision and property liaison with other stakeholders.
6. Management of the Business Centre Manager and Caretaker.
7. To agree and establish the lettings strategy and work with Property Plus to ensure the proper and effective marketing of vacant space.
8. Preparation and supervision of the legal completion of tenancy agreements.
9. Manage Council - Tenant relationship.
10. Prepare and implement planned and reactive maintenance programmes to ensure that accommodation is attractive and fit for purpose complying with all safety requirements.
11. Ensuring the Council complies with its statutory and contractual objectives with respect to the property portfolio.
12. To be responsible for the delivery of specific projects: A) Taking a lead instructing, supervising and advising other professional and technical staff as required. B) To manage the projects and meeting the needs of legal, statutory and other relevant provisions including Health and Safety and Risk assessments.
13. Support the Strategic Asset Management function through the delivery of specific, allocated projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Good presentation and reporting skills. An understanding of the requirements to implement property related projects. Ability to analyse property issues, identify solutions and recommend and implement appropriate action. Self-motivated, conscientious and able to work with officers, Councillors, and other third parties. Committed to personal development and the development of team members. Partnership Working. Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels. Provision of clear, concise reports and advice for clients and client departments. Work to promote mutual respect and good relations. A clear understanding of the Equality and Diversity Policy and its implications for service delivery and employment issues. Work Related Circumstances
Willingness to comply with the City Council's non-smoking policy.
What you'll get in return
A fantastic opportunity to work in a strategic property position for a renowned Local Authority. Full time ongoing work with a potential for a permanent contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.