Hays Property and Surveying have been retained by Gleeds on an exclusive basis to support them with the recruitment of a number of key roles across the UK. As part of this, their Southampton office are looking to appoint a Senior Building Surveyor.
Gleeds are a global multi-disciplinary construction consultancy, who provide services to a breadth of clients across the Public and Private Sector. The business is looking to double in size over the next 3 years. They are looking for individuals to help contribute to this and share the success as they grow.
Gleeds Southampton is looking to expand it's headcount in a number of departments. This includes their Building Surveying team, where they have an opportunity for Senior Building Surveyor.
Your new role
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will be responsible delivering a range of Building Consultancy services and construction projects. Your role will be varied, dealing with client across the public and private sectors, gaining exposure to an even blend of technical surveying and project delivery workloads.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Write building specifications and undertake contract administration / Employer's Agent duties
- Project Management of a range of PPM, refurbishment, fit-out and alteration construction projects
- Manage building contracts, tender processes and appointment of contractors
- Undertake surveys, produce PPM schedules, and provide dilapidation and party wall advice
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to ensure service delivery meets expectations
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- Significant experience of working in a similar Building Surveying role, preferably from within a consultancy environment
- Strong experience of delivering a range construction projects and undertaking technical surveying advice
- Proven abilities acting as a Contract Administrator / Employer's Agent
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of building contract forms i.e JCT / NEC
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.