Property Manager – Project & Cost Management
Grade 8 - £40,876 - £43,857 per annum + Market Supplement Allowance of £5,000 per annum available for Chartered Members of RICS/ CIOB.
Full time (37 hours), Permanent
Exeter, EX3 0NW – Flexible / hybrid working will be considered
32 days annual leave plus public holidays
Closing date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 23:59hrs
Are you a professionally qualified MRICS/MCIOB to building surveying degree level or working towards MRICS/MCIOB professional qualification? Do you possess excellent communication skills and experience of project delivery and cost control? If this sounds like you please read on...
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue have built a reputation for encouraging our employees to succeed. If you would like to work in a supportive environment where team members say, working here is "very rewarding", "there are flexible working hours (and they) promote respect, achievement and honesty." "It's a privilege to work with such great people" - then our latest opportunity to join our professional team as a Property Manager could be an attractive career move. Successful candidates currently working towards Chartered Membership of RICS or CIOB will be supported in achieving Full Membership.
Working in partnership with the Senior Property Manager and the Head of Estates, the primary purpose of the job is to maintain and improve Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority’s (DSFRA) property stock to a high standard.
• Ensure the stock is maintained at a high standard to ensure it is effective, efficient, safe and operationally fit for purpose.
• Take responsibility for preparing and managing a programme of revenue and capital projects (DSFRS Estates Annual Capital Expenditure c. £5.5m / Estates Annual Revenue Property Maintenance Budget c. £1.04M).
• Ensure DSFRA is compliant with relevant legislation and other statutory duties.
• Be responsible for property and estate management related matters, providing specialist advice and guidance at all levels within the organisation.
Main responsibilities and duties of the Property Manager:
Working in partnership with the Senior Property Manager implement the annual DSFRA Capital and Revenue Budget Estates programme; with specific responsibility for:
- Consultation with key stakeholders and end users and development of cost plans.
- Obtaining Planning and Building Regulation approvals.
- Preparation of Specifications and Tender documentation including obtaining and evaluation of Tenders.
- Act as the project lead providing direction, coordination and leadership to all key stakeholders and team members.
Key competencies: Projects/Design & Standards:
Development & Strategy:
• Proven ability to take responsibility for prioritisation, progress and management of a variety of development projects and/or opportunities; taking initiative as appropriate to meet competing demands and deadlines.
• Proven budget and cost management skills including the preparation and management of cost plans and cost planning techniques.
Excellent working knowledge of standard forms of contract - JCT and / or NEC3 and NBS Specifications:
• Asbestos – proven competency to act as Duty Holder under the Asbestos Regulations and proven experience in managing asbestos as part of an estates portfolio as well as good reporting skills.
Good communication skills:
• Ability to present information clearly, concisely and appropriate to audience.
• Ability to tactfully and professionally resolve property related issues with members of the public and other appropriate stakeholders.
• Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems/practical ways to overcome barriers.
• Good working knowledge of MS software packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability work to work at height i.e. scaffolding, climb ladders, access roofs, roof spaces, plant rooms and other difficult/confined areas.
You will need experience of working with Planning Authorities, Contractors and Suppliers using negotiating, influencing, programme/project management and monitoring skills and experience of undertaking surveys, preparing specifications and drawings for a variety of building works. The successful candidate will also have proven experience in managing a variety of major and minor construction projects, including full contract administration and budgetary control and experience of CAD systems as well as other software packages specific to Estates/Project maintenance.
Qualifications and knowledge:
Essential: A Building Surveying degree with relevant post qualification experience.
Desirable: Professionally qualified MRICS/ MCIOB (additional allowance available) or membership of an allied professional body (e.g. CIBSE, IAM, APM, IWFM) with relevant construction related experience.
Find out more and apply
Are you dedicated to making a real difference and ready to build a successful career with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue? Apply today!
For further information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Matthew Wyon-Brown, Senior Property Manager, on 01392 872279 or email@example.com.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Property Manager job, just click “apply” on our website today. As part of the application form, you will be asked to provide your CV and a personal statement which will provide the basis for shortlisting.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are Proud to Help
We are Honest
We are Respectful
We are Working Together
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values, to consider working for us.