Senior Advisor, Environment, Health & Safety, HSE, Nottingham, Housing, Construction
Your new company
A Housing Association in Nottingham are looking for a Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor for a 12 month contract. The role is starting immediately, 37.5 hours per week and has the potential to convert into a permanent contract after the initial 12 months. You will work with Property Services Management Team to ensure the ongoing development and continual improvement in Health, Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing across all activities.
Your new role
- Lead on CDM compliance across the Company and support the Head of Health and Safety in the overall management of the service
- Work with our Property Services Management Team to minimise risk on our construction sites
- As our CDM expert we will look to them to design and advise on related policy and process, undertake construction site inspections, audits of site operations, evaluations of contractor processes, whilst also undertaking close-call, incident and accident investigations to monitor and escalate any non-compliance.
- They will be required to evaluate current processes, produce timely reports, communicate findings to the management team and provide expert advice on operational processes
- They will ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015, therefore extensive construction Health and Safety experience, relevant CDM experience as well as both working and practical knowledge of key Health and Safety legislation is required for this role
- Key to this role will be strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to work collaboratively and communicate at all levels as you will be required to work in close partnership with colleagues and coordinate quarterly contractor partner meetings. As a senior member of the team you will deputise for the Head of Health and Safety where necessary, covering key policy areas and staff management. Therefore the ability to manage, engage and motivate others is essential for this role
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree level or equivalent qualification or Chartered status in a relevant H&S discipline covering Building or Construction / or substantial equivalent experience/track record of success is essential for this role.
- Experience of CDM and working in a large multi-functional organisation engaged primarily in construction of major works.
- Experience of successful working in the commercial sector.
- Extensive construction Health & Safety experience, with a full working and practical knowledge of key Health and Safety legislation.
- Availability to start immediately with ambition to commit to a 12 month contract.
What you'll get in return
12 month contract with a competitive rate of pay. Work for a reputable Housing Association in a fantastic and close-knit team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.