Project Manager, Nottingham, Housing Association, Immediate start, 10 month+ contract
Your new company
A Housing Association based in Nottingham are seeking to appoint a Project Manager (Commercial Services) on a 10 month contract with the potential to go permanent. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Senior Projects Manager and Head of Commercial Services with the effective delivery of a range of commercial projects in a consistent and professional manner and in accordance with objectives and targets, to support the Corporate Objectives.
Your new role
In your new role, you will ensure that the business projects are delivered on time and within budget delivering demonstrable outcomes to support the corporate objectives.
· Responsible for managing individual projects including making informed decisions, assessing problems and the potential for improvements, and negotiating with project team members, elected members, senior management and other stakeholders including leaseholders.
· Establish and lead the project team including the commissioning of design consultants and other specialist
· Manage resources and budgets including third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects.
· Provide high quality documentation and maintenance of documents throughout the project lifecycle including, but not limited to business cases, project plans project initiation document, highlight reports and other project
documentation including updating and tracking project progress.
· To carry out business/systems analysis effectively on an on-going basis and to utilise tools and techniques in order to analyse, communicate and validate information and develop requirements for change to business processes, policies and information systems.
· Take responsibility for projects providing consistent and balanced decision making involving budgeting, design,
presentation, negotiations, liaison, testing, acceptance, training and handover; taking into account of the need in
projects for quality, security, privacy, availability and integrity.
· Responsible for identification, and recording of project risk and mitigations. Ensure monitoring & reviewing processes and systems to ensure risk and compliance arrangements are in place.
· Applies best practice such as PRINCE2, MSP and Portfolio management are followed including any the
Corporate Project Methodologies.
· Fully able to leverage Project Tools including Microsoft Project, Visio, Covalent and provide support where
necessary or where requested to other members of staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent project management skills, with both an attention to detail and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing and will enjoy developing strong working relationships with both colleagues and external partners. This role will be working with a direct workforce as well as contractor workforces, and as such experience of working in a direct labour organisation is essential.
- Responsibility for managing a broad range of schemes from inception to final account.
- An experienced project manager who enjoys the challenge of seeing a project from beginning to end, be able to use their effective planning skills to manage multiple projects and be able to manage conflicting demands and changing priorities.
- Work closely with colleagues, undertaking direct management of up to 12 number of staff and be able to develop effective relationships, working collaboratively to deliver the best results.
- Project manager at the forefront of delivering ambitious commercial services programmes including work in both new build and refurbishment and regeneration
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work on some exciting and diverse projects. You will be remunerated with a competitive rate of pay and a minimum contract term of 10 months starting immediately.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.