We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Chartered Surveyor to join and enhance our property team. You will join us on a permanent basis working 21 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £27,280.58 per annum plus excellent benefits. Professional membership fees will be paid.
This position will be home-based, covering Cats Protection properties in south London, Surrey, Kent, East and West Sussex, the Isle of Wight, and parts of Hants and Berkshire – and occasionally covering for colleagues in other regions when required, so a willingness to travel within the UK (with occasional overnight stays) is essential.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite all of the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
The Property team, within the Legal and Estates directorate, involves work that is extensive and varied, reflecting the nature of the portfolio. In the region to be covered, the portfolio comprises purpose-built cat adoption and homing centres (both Freehold and Leasehold); a network of Leasehold charity shops across the region; and a small amount of residential accommodation occupied by employees or third parties. From time to time surveying input is also required with regard to legacy properties.
Responsibilities of our Surveyor:
As one of our surveyors, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that Cats Protection is able to sustain its retail and operations activities in various properties across the UK (the property portfolio includes the National Cat Centre, all centres, retail premises, residential, and miscellaneous legacy properties). You will work on property cases and will take the relevant estate management action as required, liaising with Cats Protection’s retail and operations managers, managing agents, landlords, agents, neighbouring occupiers, solicitors, local authorities and other statutory bodies as needed. You will also appoint and oversee the work of external professional advisers as necessary, including structural engineers, town planners, architects, building surveyors, and rating specialists.
What we’re looking for in our Surveyor:
- A solid estate management background (either in-house or within private practice) and experience of providing professional advice in respect of different property types and tenures
- A positive attitude that is willing to be flexible and adaptable, as well as resilient and keen to resolve conflict
- Ability to be methodical and analytical
- Able to undertake duties that include some working out of doors and a significant amount of travel
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work on own initiative, accurately and under pressure
- Ability to work within a small team and externally
What we can offer you:
- Salary of up to £27,280.58 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Surveyor and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK! Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.