Quantity Surveyor - Cornwall (Remote Working)
Your new company
You will be working for a fast-expanding, multi-disciplinary construction consultancy, currently delivering in excess of £500m of construction value across the North-West, with some of the most prolific schemes in the country. You will be part of a dynamic & exciting team, that excel on providing the highest level of expertise to their clients.
They deliver their services on a wide range of schemes within the public & private sector, including large residential projects, luxury private sector housing schemes & large healthcare projects.
Your new role
In your new role as Quantity Surveyor, you will work directly with clients to develop and define projects from inception through to completion, in leisure / residential projects based in Cornwall, undertaking general duties that encompass that of a Quantity Surveyor such as:
- Preparation of full tender documents
- Meticulously preparing financial reports
- Developing and updating project schedules using MSP or similar, risk registers and cost reports
- Evaluate CVI's, Architect or EA instructions and subcontractor's variations
- Supporting the Contracts / Project Manager to ensure all significant project issues and correspondence and all necessary contractual processes have been observed, and actioned according to the companys' policies.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will need to utilise your experience liaising with key stakeholders and be 'client facing' throughout all stages of the project. You will have a strong attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, quickly understanding business and technical concepts through your ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working in residential sectors is desirable
- Hold a construction related degree (or equivalent)
- Experience using JCT form of contract
- Experience working in client-side project management through development and delivery stages of a project
- Minimum of 3 years experience
What you'll get in return
With their head-office based in the North-West, you will have to opportunity to work remotely, when not visiting project sites, and benefit from:
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Open line of communication with senior management
- Be part of rapidly expanding SME
- A salary of £35,000-£50,000 (depending on experience)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.