Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
At Faithful+Gould, we believe that, in today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions and is empowered to realise their full potential as important members of our team.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for an Associate Director with a Planning and Development and/or Development Management background and with extensive experience of managing the delivery of complex planning applications through the preparation, submission and determination stages. Please note this is NOT a planning consultancy role, but a role for a suitable candidate who understands the planning system and can project manage the delivery of complex planning applications – managing the planning consultant, design team and wider project team. Candidates should have experience of environmental impact assessments and negotiating planning performance agreements and section 106 agreements. The candidate will be required to help to build our presence within the market and help develop the careers of others. Building strong client relationships and experience of managing project fee tenders and submissions will also be an integral part of the position. The role will be based in our London office and cover the South East of England.
The successful candidate will:
- Draw upon a proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of local or national developers, RP’s or local authority developer.
- Continually strive to improve the business value proposition and develop knowledge and expertise within the team
- Help to develop new business opportunities and new service propositions whilst deepening key client understanding and relationships.
- Bid for new work, including preparing fee submission and written responses
- Candidates are expected to come from either project management, planning consultancy, development consultancy or architectural backgrounds.
Reporting into the regional masterplanning lead and being a senior member of the regional team, you will be responsible for helping to grow the existing team and building long term, sustainable team relationships with our most important existing clients and generating new clients . You are expected to have:
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, delivering projects;
- Be the ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core expertise.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Have a good understanding of project commercials – viability, industry benchmarks etc.
- Be able to manage project governance, fee spend and profit margins.
- Have an up to date knowledge of the full requirements for the submission and determination of a planning application in accordance with NPPF, planning legislation and local authority guidance
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
- Ability to team build
- Growing and actively participating in a service line-focussed team
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Build client relationships and harness opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Managing interfaces with design and project teams
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Delivery projects to satisfaction of our clients on programme within the agreed cost and quality parameters
- Proven track record to manage applications for or on behalf of local or national clients – both private and public sector
- Some experience of all sectors – residential and commercial property would be useful
- Chartered with RICS, ICE, RIBA or similar
- Assist in business development and/or account management activities
- Participate in marketing and thought leadership campaigns
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.