Whitefox Chartered Surveyors are seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to join our busy Building Surveying department.
Located on the sunny South Coast in Dorset, Whitefox Chartered Surveyors are a multidisciplinary practice providing Building Surveying, Project Management and QS / Cost Consultancy services throughout the UK.
Our client base ranges from hotel and residential developers, commercial property investors and landlords, retail occupiers, housing associations, the NHS and other organisations within the Public Sector.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to join our Building Surveying department. It is anticipated that, as the successful candidate, you will swiftly progress to Managing Surveyor level. You will work with a small team of Building Surveyors, whilst providing a wide range of Building Consultancy services. This will include a blend of professional Building Surveying work and the delivery of construction projects up to a value of £10M.
A key element to our ongoing success is our ability to collaborate - working together and supporting each other to deliver excellent levels of service and client care. Typically, you can expect to work with 2 - 3 other team members, sitting alongside our QS department, who will provide estimating and cost control services to support you in your role.
What you'll need
The Senior Building Surveyor will be a newly created role and will play a significant part in the growth of our business. As such, the successful appointee will need to be an experienced Building Surveying professional with strong aspirations to contribute to the success of an independently owned multidisciplinary practice.
Candidates currently working at a similar level are ideal however, those individuals looking for a more senior role are encouraged to apply.
Key requirements -
- MRICS qualified (MCIOB will be considered)
- Significant Building Surveying experience, working at a Senior level within a Construction Consultancy / Surveying practice
- Proven skills in undertaking Commercial Building Surveys, Defect Diagnosis, Dilapidations and Party Wall
- Experience of project management delivery for a variety of refurbishment and repair construction projects, including undertaking contract administration.
- Proficient knowledge of JCT building contracts and excellent report writing skills
- High levels of professionalism, self-drive and commercial acumen
We want everyone to share in our success and for that reason we offer market competitive salaries with a significant bonus structure. Flexible working arrangements exist at Whitefox. Each member of our team is allocated their own desk and has the option of homeworking in addition to working in the office.
The package includes;
- Basic Salary - £50,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (includes 3 days at Xmas / NY + Birthday) + Bank Holidays
- Professional Membership Fees
- CPD / Training Allowance
- iPhone / iPad / Laptop
- Flexible Working
What you need to do now
Hays Property and Surveying are supporting Whitefox Chartered Surveyors with the recruitment for this role on a retained and exclusive basis.
For further information, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact out Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.