Location of Role: Chelmsford
Advert Closing Date: 06/12/2021
Salary Range: £43,860.00 to £47,058.00 (pro-rata for part-time vacancies)
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri
Weekend/Evening Working: No
An exciting opportunity has arisen, due to growth for an individual to join the Estate Services team supporting Essex Police in providing effective and efficient policing throughout the county of Essex.
The team manages all aspects of property related matters from small repairs to multi-million-pound new build and refurbishment projects, as well as dealing with all aspects of owning and leasing property. The team is currently implementing a significant estate transformation programme aimed at modernising the estate for policing now and in the future.
The Architectural Building Surveyor will be responsible for managing the delivery and implementation of multiple and diverse projects, including estate transformation schemes and maintenance programmes across the property portfolio. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, this role will take the lead on projects from inception & design through to construction and completion.
The ideal candidate will be an all-round Chartered Building Surveyor or similar with a minimum of two years post-qualification experience in building surveying / design, primarily gained working on refurbishment, alteration, new build and repair projects.
Experience of professional work such as party wall, dilapidations, and surveys are desirable. It is important that the successful candidate has a good up-to-date knowledge of building regulations and planning as well as knowledge of construction types and associated defects and their repair.
At shortlisting we will be looking for evidence of:
- Your ability to design and manage projects from inception through design and construction, up to and including final account, varying in value from £5k to £2m.
- Ensuring the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements. Demonstrating a knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and CDM (Construction, Design and Management Regulation)
- A good understanding of financial procedures, contract administration, surveying skills and project stages.
- Be proficient in liaising closely with other professionals, including structural and M&E engineers (Mechanical & Electrical), architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams.
- Proficiency in producing all types of 2D building design drawings using AutoCAD, preparation of specifications and tender documents using NBS (National Building Specification) or similar and demonstrable contract administration experience along with the use Microsoft Office software products.
- Professional Qualifications in Building surveying / architecture.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated individual who can bring their experience to a forward-thinking estates team.
The post holder will be required to participate in the out of hours, on-call rota.
Your own transport and valid driving licence are essential for this role, as some travel will be required.
The role is based at Essex Police Headquarters, Chelmsford, with some remote working being available by agreement.
Essex Police employees benefit from:
- Flexitime, (potential for additional non-working days.)
- Employee wellbeing scheme.
- Enrolment into local authority pension scheme.
- Working with a dedicate and supportive team of property professions, who want to make a difference for the people of Essex.
- Working within a non-profit making organisation.
For the full job description please click here.
Your reason for application will be limited to 9000 characters. Within your answer please refer to the criteria stated in this job advert and include any experience, skills and abilities you feel you have that will make you suitable for the role.
All of our posts require a level of vetting and security clearance. During the recruitment process you will be sent on-line vetting information forms to complete.
If you require any assistance or further information regarding this opportunity please contact the Business Centre on 01245 452833 then select option 2 and then option 1. Alternatively email email@example.com
Kent Police and Essex Police welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender, sex (or gender), employment status.
If you have a disability or health condition that requires adjustments during any element of the selection process please provide us with details of the adjustment you would require at the earliest opportunity. Where appropriate we will make adjustments to the selection process, working arrangements and/or the working environment provided it is reasonable in all the circumstances so to do.
This post is open to British citizens, nationals of the EEA or commonwealth citizens who have no time limit on their stay in the UK, and who have lived in the UK continuously for the past three years. Essex Police and Kent Police are an equal opportunities employer. Communications may be recorded for monitoring purposes.