Your role at a glance
Would you like to join one of the most successful Surveying Firms in the UK?
How does working a small patch with a 5-point target, having better work life balance, and un-rivalled vehicle options sound to you?
We’re Legal & General Surveying Services (LGSS) and joining us in this exciting time of growth and digital innovation will give you all these things. We've been in business for over 20 years and are wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General. The Legal & General Surveying Services team helps our clients, both corporate and private, throughout the surveying process. Having developed into a major Panel Management Company, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Due to continuous growth, we have several new exciting opportunities for Area Surveyors to join the Surveying team and we'd love to hear from enthusiastic RICS registered Residential Surveyors looking for their next role. Our highly regarded sector specialist teams continue to attract the best talent in the market, so you know you’ll be in good company.
As a Surveyor in this fast-paced role, you will manage a variety of residential surveys and valuations on behalf of our enviable Blue-Chip client base as well as from private instructions. This will be in accordance with professional, Company and Clients guidelines and procedures ensuring quality, SLA and productivity standards are achieved.
This is a unique opportunity for you to work in a small agile team, with the benefit of being backed by a global brand. We are digitally minded and strive to stay at the forefront of innovation and technology in the residential surveying industry. You'll be working in an entrepreneurial environment that encourages your collaboration and development, so you'll have every opportunity to make a difference as we continue to grow.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll carry out quality inspections and prepare valuations and survey reports in accordance with best professional practice to minimise the financial and reputational risk to Legal & General. You’ll be liaising with all support staff to ensure that inspections are carried out and reports prepared in accordance with agreed turnaround times and SLA’s ensuring the overall standard is achieved
- Ensuring that all communications with any party to the instruction are dealt with promptly and in a manner, which will enhance the reputation of Legal & General. You’ll be ensuring that the PVQ response times are achieved and that queries, are dealt with in accordance with Lender Guidelines and in keeping with SLA’s in line with contractual requirements.
- Achieving personal annual business targets in terms of the volume of instructions carried out in order to meet planned profitability and Annual Fee Income projection by completing achievable daily targets per working day.
- Undertaking training, both internally and externally, to satisfy the CPD requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and any further specific retraining prescribed by the company by completing the compulsory number of training hours per annum
What we're looking for
- You will need to be a RICS registered Residential Surveyor (Essential).
- You'll need previous experience working as a Residential Surveyor, with an excellent knowledge of this field (Essential).
- Previous experience and a strong capability of using Outlook, Quest, and XIT2 (Essential)
- You'll be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Lender technical and administration procedures (Essential)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.