Seeking two Senior Project Managers to join Oxford Brookes University.
Oxford Brookes University are seeking two Senior Project Managers to join our Estates Team on a fixed-term contract basis.
Rooted in and connected to a city with a rich history of culture and learning, Oxford Brookes is one of the UK’s leading modern universities and enjoys an international reputation for teaching excellence and innovation as well as strong links with business and industry.
Oxford Brookes University is committed to providing an excellent experience for its students, staff and visitors and it is investing further in its estate to support the teaching excellence.
The Estates Team is responsible for implementing this vision – providing a professional service that brings ambitious projects and estate strategies into fruition.
Due to exciting development plans that are currently underway across our estate, we are now looking to appoint two highly experienced Senior Project Managers to join our existing team. Each role will take ownership of and lead on all stages of the project management delivery for one of our two complex, high value, new build construction projects. These are our ambitious £100M Clive Booth Student Village redevelopment and the construction of £72M of new academic facilities within the grounds of our Grade II listed Headington Hill Campus.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Estates, you will manage your allocated project on behalf of the University, through to completion and post-project review. You will ensure that delivery is successful in terms of time, cost, and quality, whilst adhering to the University’s governance procedures and processes, including compliance and health and safety. As the Senior Project Manager, you will be fundamentally responsible for compiling, appointing, and managing project teams, whilst engaging with relevant stakeholders regularly via a formal reporting structure.
The roles will be initially offered on a 2-year fixed-term contract basis, with potential for a further 2-year extension, pending the progress of each project.
What You'll Need
To succeed within the role, you will need:
- Significant experience of delivering complex, new build construction projects in excess of £20M, from inception to completion, is essential.
- Extensive experience of construction project management from within a client side or construction consultancy environment.
- Strong knowledge of construction contract procurement, tender processes, contract administration and developing project briefs.
- Experience of appointing and managing teams of consultants and contractors, whilst engaging with key stakeholders.
- Excellent financial management, leadership, and reporting writing skills.
- Experience of JCT2016 an advantage.
- Bringing experience of projects aligned with ours to the team would be an advantage. This may include budget hotels, social housing, building in a conservation area, a residential area or building near mature and veteran trees.
- You are likely to have Professional membership such as, MRICS / MCIOB / MAPM and a relevant degree within a built environment discipline, otherwise you may demonstrate why your experience qualifies you for the role.
In return, we offer: an excellent package of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- 38 days Annual Leave (including bank holidays and concessionary days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Travel to Work: Car parking at Brookes is limited and daily charges apply. Brookes links with
- Flexible and hybrid working: we support work-life balance for all staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Brookes Sports: extensive sports facilities for staff including fitness suites and classes
- Other campus facilities such as, Children’s Nursery, Dentist, Library, Green spaces for recreation
- Eye test and glasses reimbursement, Cycle scheme, Occupational Health Service
What you need to do now
Hays Property and Surveying are supporting Oxford Brookes University with the recruitment for these roles on a retained and exclusive basis. For further information please visit our designated recruitment website via the link below.
Alternatively, to have a confidential discussion, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744